EcoPar - the clean alternative to diesel

Aspen@AAOIL

What is your products Gravity in relation to normal Diesel?

My Father works at a Uni where they do alot of research into alternate Fuels.The biggest hurdle in maintaining reliabilty and longevity of Modern Diesel Engines is the differing Gravity prior to Asperation.

Diesel Pump life,Biological contaminates, ineffective sealing of the Piston rings to the bore with the subsequent dilution of the Engine Oil are the main problems they face when running Engines without extensive modification.

If you have copies of the test criteria I can pass them on if you are interested.

What is your products Gravity in relation to normal Diesel?

My Father works at a Uni where they do alot of research into alternate Fuels.The biggest hurdle in maintaining reliabilty and longevity of Modern Diesel Engines is the differing Gravity prior to Asperation.

Diesel Pump life,Biological contaminates, ineffective sealing of the Piston rings to the bore with the subsequent dilution of the Engine Oil are the main problems they face when running Engines without extensive modification.

If you have copies of the test criteria I can pass them on if you are interested.

We have documented tests by Scania and Volvo who have been testing EcoPar for over five years in Sweden. Just drop me a PM and include your email address and I will send you copies of all reports and analysis. You will be interested to read the conclusions about EcoPar.

why in hell would i want to double my fuel costs running a chipper ?

sorry but i want less overheads not more:thumbdown:

Point taken - that is why we would reccomend you use it as and when you need to, or offer your customer a 'low impact fuel option' quote along side your usual quote. We have found that some, not all, customers are happy to pay the extra cost if they are ticking their "green/environment/footprint" box.

There may also be cases, if working with environment agency, local authories, near aquatic life, on a SSSI site, or working in a confined space where EcoPar and/or Aspen would be the best option.

It can also help you stand out from the crowd by being a green alternative to the norm so in some ways it can improve your chances of winning work.

As with Aspen, EcoPar has a long storage life of over 5 years so keeping 60 litres in stock for a specific job is a realistic option, or we can deliver to a site within 48 hours if you don't have the space to stock extra fuel.

What is the life cycle analysis energy input into producing this fuel ? What is its cetane and calorific value? What is its flash point? What level of lubricity does it have for fuel pump durability? What is it's overall net CO2 contribution? What is its fuel survivivor of CH4 (slippage) ratio in a variety of engines? ? ? ? ? ? ?..........

1) What is the life cycle analysis energy input into producing this fuel ?

About 67 to 80 % of the energy in, in the form of natural gas or flare gas becomes products, e.c: Liquid, synthetic fuels, synthetic chemicals, steam and electricity. The alternative: These flare gases are flared instead means 100 % energy waste and 0 % energy efficiency.

2) What is its cetane and calorific value?

Cetane: About 55.

Calorific value per kg: 47 megajoules. Density: 0.80 kg/litre.

3) What is its flash point?

About 94 to 98 degrees C.

4) What level of lubricity does it have for fuel pump durability?

Extremely good lubricity. HFRR wear scar value of: 250 to 300 micrometres (µm).

What is it's overall net CO2 contribution?

a) If natural gas is used, there is a decrease in comparison to crude oil inclusive fossile CO2 emissions from gas flaring and fossile CO2 emissions from oil refining, is a fossile CO2 reduction of about 30 %.

b) If the flare gases are used for the synthesis of liquid, synthetic fuels, the decrease of fossile CO2 (in comparison to the gas flaring) is 65 to 80 % depending on how successfully you use the biproduct: heat/steam. If you flare gases, or first synthesise liquid fuels and combust them in a diesel engine gives exactly the same emissions of fossil CO2, BUT: You compete out certain volumes of crude oil based diesel oil with the liquid, synthetic fuel. That fact gives rise to decreasees of fossil CO2 emissions. By other simpler words:

When you stop wasting energy by e.g. gas flaring, and starts to use the energy in e.g. the gas flares, then you need to pump up less crude oil and gases per year. That fact gives rise to large fossile CO2 reductions. The potential is: A worldwide decrease of 250 to 400 million tonnes of fossile CO2 per year.

6) What is its fuel survivivor of CH4 (slippage) ratio in a variety of engines?

Liquid, synthetic, paraffinic fuels do NOT contain methane!!!!!!!

Nor will methane be formed during the combustion in the diesel engine.