Help Working Out A Day Rate

treetop1

I am just starting out and was wondering what kind of day rate you guys set yourself. For example two blokes truck and chipper, two blokes but you can burn on site or just two blokes cutting in the wood. sorry if I seem rude by asking I just dont want to be pricing too high or too low.

Thanks

Have a look on this forum, there are quite a few threads on this subject.

overheads i.e. insurance, fuel, tools, wages etc. add it up and thats gonna be sort of what you need to charge. its taken me 8 years to get it right mate so youre gonna have to do a bit for yourself.

It is different for every single one of us. You need to work out your costs to do the job, and to live off, and that will give you your basic day rate, the minimum you need to cover your bilss, both work related and household, and then put something on top as a contingency, and then a bit on top for 'yourself'. As you can see the variants are massive, but only you can work out your own figures.

It is different for every single one of us. You need to work out your costs to do the job, and to live off, and that will give you your basic day rate, the minimum you need to cover your bilss, both work related and household, and then put something on top as a contingency, and then a bit on top for 'yourself'. As you can see the variants are massive, but only you can work out your own figures.

Yup, Thats the best advice ive took off here Tom :thumbup1: and it sounds so simple when you have already done it yourself.

Sit down with a pen and paper mate and work out evertyhing that Tommer has said and you'll get a figure :biggrin:

I've been told to work out your costs per year and divide by the number of working days. That will give you a daily rate to cover work costs, then add wages on top. It would be good if it was that simples, but i fear not. A good place to start, though.

As a few people have said sit down with a pen and paper and write all your costs, then include putting aside money for maintenance and future maintenance, bars chains new clutch etc. Then add what you want to earn each day and you have your day rate. Remeber theres tax to think about on top of that.

Then think of all the unpaid work such as quoting, sending emails, filling in application forms, going and collecting the money then hit the harsh realisation that your financially better of climbing for someone else!!!! :biggrin:

I've been told to work out your costs per year and divide by the number of working days. That will give you a daily rate to cover work costs, then add wages on top. It would be good if it was that simples, but i fear not. A good place to start, though.

That cannot be enough surely? If it were, you may as well be employed:confused1:

You could do what some people who start up around here do.

Phone me up or email me pretending you have x amount of conifers to fell that are about x high and ask how long it would take, how many men would I be using, what equipment I will be bringing and how much I will be charging if it takes me a day.:sneaky2:

You could do what some people who start up around here do.

Phone me up or email me pretending you have x amount of conifers to fell that are about x high and ask how long it would take, how many men would I be using, what equipment I will be bringing and how much I will be charging if it takes me a day.:sneaky2:

That old chestnut...:thumbdown: