Groundsman needed

Stephen Blair

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want you to tell me you will work until you cant, you wont moan or groan and talk nonesense just to impress, you will work late with out question and never use your mobile phone at work or be a smoker, turn up hung over and always be presentable .:thumbup1:

That reads "you will turn up hung over" cos your still running the list of "wills" not "will nots".

Can I apply then!!!

Mate, I love this thread. I've been following it since you stuck it on here originally. It sets a really good standard. A bit harsh sometimes, but I think that's what we need sometimes. My last great boss was the biggest badass I may ever know, but in the absolute best of ways. He yelled at me and the other guys, cussed us out for the smallest things, but was calm when the chipper became unhitched from the truck and crashed into the tail-gate. I was slightly more unnerved by the calm, collected cussing than the honest, pure aggression of normal. I knew exactly where I stood. The guy expected a lot from us. When we didn't have the skill to perform a task (or the gonads), he'd fly up the tree and take it down as if it was friggin straw and he was a razor sharp scythe. He expected as much from us as he demanded from himself in the same situation.

With more recent bosses, I've said that I will do my absolute best for them. I have learnt habbits that may be wrong or unnecessary. I will unlearn the bad ones in order to make your business run smoothly.

The one thing I ask is that you let me know when I'm doing something wrong. Give me CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and don't just let crap blow over and have it continue to stick to your boots. In the end, if your worker can't take the critique and continue to be a crap worker, get rid of em.

I now tell bosses to give me a bruise to remember their request. Blacken an eye, break a tooth, threaten a chainsaw wound, whatever it takes to make it clear that the business is THEIRS, not mine. If their reputation is ruined because of something I'd done, but they said nothing to me, it's their fault. But if they'd been beating things into me for months, then it's mine and I can get the boot to the backside.

Steve, It'd be great to join you in that gorgeous neck of this island. I'm just not there at the moment. and, hell, who's to say you'd have me!

Props to the winner of this killer job and even bigger props to Mr. _P, who is aforementioned badass!

cheers guys, i may have come across badly to some on this thread as being the evil boss, i am far from it. I just want others to work as hard as me and take care of my stuff. There is a time to have a laugh and a time to work, knowing the diference is key.

I think it depends on how you were brought up, we were just shouted at al the time, i have been working around farms and helping my dad since i can remember. When around machinery and livestock you need to do as you are told immediately and to the letter, so when someone said stop, you had better coz if you didnt it would of been nasty and if you survived the danger then you then had to face the music from your elders.

cheers guys, i may have come across badly to some on this thread as being the evil boss, i am far from it. I just want others to work as hard as me and take care of my stuff. There is a time to have a laugh and a time to work, knowing the diference is key.

I think it depends on how you were brought up, we were just shouted at al the time, i have been working around farms and helping my dad since i can remember. When around machinery and livestock you need to do as you are told immediately and to the letter, so when someone said stop, you had better coz if you didnt it would of been nasty and if you survived the danger then you then had to face the music from your elders.

Yeah right:001_rolleyes: Hows that tv working out for you :001_tt2::thumbup:

There will be blood is a good movie.