VOSA Power to Stop

treebloke

Most of you will know this but its worth a mention.

VOSA can pull you over without a copper present. In the olds days they had to have one with them.

Apparantly, if they do pull you over (without a copper present) and your not sure about their validity they will have a contact number of the local nick who you can call to check them out.

15-12-03 Power to Stop - improving VOSA's effectiveness

I got pulled again on wednesday but they had a plastic cop pulling folk in, i guess it leaves more manpower to check the vehicles once pulled over.

Fourth time in six months for me at a multi agency check, and when i said so to the customs guy he just laughed! Believe me i wasnt happy!

I got pulled again on wednesday but they had a plastic cop pulling folk in, i guess it leaves more manpower to check the vehicles once pulled over.

Fourth time in six months for me at a multi agency check, and when i said so to the customs guy he just laughed! Believe me i wasnt happy!

One of them faces mate, Plus dodgy truck coverd in tarmac wont help :001_tt2::001_tt2::laugh1:

One of them faces mate, Plus dodgy truck coverd in tarmac wont help :001_tt2::laugh1:

I know i might look dodgy, but this time plod walked into the middle of the road while i was at least 200 meters away. No way he could have spotted my gypsy looks:sneaky2:

The even more suprising part is Liam, all the times i have been pulled ive been in the landy, never in the LDV (or how it has become known "the pikey truck") :confused1:

idiots had me parked in a compound and asked me to pull forward a bit, as i did so i noticed the wheels on the trailer were locked solid but dragged it a good 10ft, they said 'that'll do your trailer brakes work fine' they had pulled the trailer handbrake without telling me the sneaky tank dipping, chassis tapping, wheel wiggling moronic little oiks. gave one of them a face full of diesel soot with a well aimed turn of the key:thumbup1:

I know i might look dodgy, but this time plod walked into the middle of the road while i was at least 200 meters away. No way he could have spotted my gypsy looks:sneaky2:

The even more suprising part is Liam, all the times i have been pulled ive been in the landy, never in the LDV (or how it has become known "the pikey truck") :confused1:

Maybe in the LDV they feel sorry for you??? :biggrin:I love mine!!!

Strange that really mate, Id of thought it would be the other way round, Unless up your way the stats show alot of dodgy Landys, un taxed, Red derv etc.

I'm putting in a complaint about them, and have reported them to the police for dangerous driving at the moment. I got stopped on the A41 near Prees heath towing a trailer.

No problem with being stopped, I do agree with it if done correctly, but their galaxy overtook me pulled in about a car length in front then braked heavily, causing me to brake locking wheels on the van and trailer. It's been captured on their camera and I hope that the police will prosecute. I believe that the police should be used to stop vehicles as they are properly trained, unless it is a vehicle checkpoint that vehicles are not used to do the stop.

R