Climber from Brazil looking for short term stint in UK

Trav013

Hi all, I am new to the web site and am looking for a short term stint of work in the UK in August this year.

I am coming for a wedding in London in Sep and was keen to pick up some work for about 3-4 weeks any where in the UK. To learn new skills and help pay for my trip.

I am Australian and moved to Brazil about 12 months ago, worked for 3 years as a climber in Australia am now working in Brazil, I have climbing, pruning and feeling cert form Aus and am currently looking at starting climbing training courses in Brazil.

If any one could help please get back to me. Cheers.

Thanks for getting back to mate, when exataly would you know if you had anything? I am looking at getting to the UK around the 17 of august work for about 3-4weeks, wedding on the 13 of sep and then out of there.

Would love to line something soon as I need to start to book flight and so on.

unlikely to know too far in advance mate sorry. id be inclined to take a gamble though if i were you, im sure between now and then enough people will see this post that you would be able to know up some work, even if it were a few days for one company then hopping on to the next one!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think you'll have any problem finding work around london. i can put you in contact with firms in kent if thats any help. interested to know about brazil though and the climbing there. How did you get involved over there???

Hi mate, yeah Brazil has an ISA chapter here so I got involved through that. The local tree climbers dont not use modern technique, you would actually be lucky to find anyone with a harness or rope, most councils use travel towers but hopefully climbing (with safety)might catch on.

Yeah Kent sounds good, do you work out that way? I can really only do about max 4 weeks but would be a great chance for me to gain a bit more experience from abroad.

Cheers mate.

Hi all, I am new to the web site and am looking for a short term stint of work in the UK in August this year.

I am coming for a wedding in London in Sep and was keen to pick up some work for about 3-4 weeks any where in the UK. To learn new skills and help pay for my trip.

I am Australian and moved to Brazil about 12 months ago, worked for 3 years as a climber in Australia am now working in Brazil, I have climbing, pruning and feeling cert form Aus and am currently looking at starting climbing training courses in Brazil.

If any one could help please get back to me. Cheers.

Hey there,

I manage a small, high quality tree surgery company based near Chelmsford in Essex. We are always looking for experienced and concientious climbers either as subbies or on the books and could probably find some work for you during this period. You can contact me direct on [email protected].

Cheers G