Multi Purpose Ladder, be nice guys.!!

Rhys Conway

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they were around £200, a lot of money I know and even I winched handing it over, but the quality is outstanding, really solid stable ladders, you really do feel safe on them they are that good.

For hedges they are really good, but like I mentioned, they are heavy but that comes with using thick aluminium to make them solid. You can even buy leg extenders for leveling up on a side slope

Look guys Im on a massive budget here, Im finding it hard to get groudie work so I've took apon myself to have some business cards done and advertise myself for Hedge cutting, Im in need of a way of getting to the top of the hedges and I've seen the Multi purpose 4.75m ladder for £69.99 it seems as though it would be perfect for the job, Bearing in mind I'll be using this for domestic use only, I'd love to hear some of your views please :thumbup1:

Rhys Conway

Just seen your thread, IMO the ladder in your pic is rubbish. Screwfix do some good 3 way ladders. Dont buy loads of cheap domestic tools, they will make your life harder and more dangerous.

What vehicle are you going to be using?

How are you going to market and advertise your hedge cutting services?

Thats some pair of high heals Rupe Well you know me, any excuse!!

You still need to climb up inside to get the tope though, not many tall hedges that can be done off ladders including the tops.

100_0241.jpg.8f50aa40ad3fe2ec1d0963c7fb378fd5.jpg

100_0238.jpg.f20e6d5db823a252c5248a5664c6cfb1.jpg

Just did a quick search for the type i use and these are very similar.

combination ladders zarges skymaster Hailo Youngman 100 and 3 way

Mine are actually youngman "industrial 200" 3 way and i think they are about 8 feet closed up. They will go to gutter height of a normal house in ladder mode and its suprising how high you can reach in step mode. Think they were £150 new. They are the only set of ladders i have, are about 5 years old and get taken out to 90% of jobs. Lasted very well, but getting tired now.

Just my ten.

Wow, Rupe has a long, long, long reach hedge cutter.

You could almost sit in the truck and do the hedges with that:laugh1:

Three extension poles in the combi tool is about as long as it get.

The hedge in the pictures above has now been felled!! Much easier than trimming the thing every year!