business via websites?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speed really shouldnt be an issue these days!

We look cos we want to see whats there, a customer may just want to get to the core of the site. Dont think its essential by any means but it could help to give an option.

Clicked on big A's link, fist time it took ages to load, got sick of waiting and closed the link!

Consultant told me that ALL advertising should be done to what the customer wants to see and can understand, not what we want to show off that they will not understand. Same addage as doing work, a clean job gets noticed/commented on more than the complexity of what has gone before.

We have a website www.tredoktor.no, as well as giving some students free firewood for distributing flyers.Sounds like a silly idea but it really has worked,as the students parents are/were our target market.

Woooh dude!!!!

Your websites all in funny writing!

I'm surprised you get any business off that, hows people supposed to understand what your saying?? :wave:

Nice layout though Bogan :icon14:

This is a subject that I have pondered for years. I had a domain name registered about 9 years ago but never got the site going. (bad old days of dial up) The main question is can you get work from it? or is it a gimmick. Also I dont want enquiries from Carlisle etc. With regular sources of advertising what annoys me are the advertising sales bods that say " do you ask where the enquiry comes from ?" WTFAI, a secretarial service. Will a website work without resorting to looking at emails every day ? I hate sorting out the messages in the answermachine.

arrrggghhh.

any one remember the bliss before the creeping tide of mobile phones and the internet washed over us.

any one remember the bliss before the creeping tide of mobile phones and the internet washed over us.

I don't seem to get any email crap, I do however get bombarded with parasites phoning me.

I have sussed that one out, I just hurl a load of foul mouthed abuse at them and I mean foul mouthed. I got repeated calls from an indian company, twice a day.

I tried ringing the UK company they were representing asking them to take me off their hit list. They said they would but the calls didn't stop.

The next time they rang I abused the caller verbally, they haven't rang for over a fortnight.

I don't seem to get any email crap, I do however get bombarded with parasites phoning me.

I have sussed that one out, I just hurl a load of foul mouthed abuse at them and I mean foul mouthed. I got repeated calls from an indian company, twice a day.

I tried ringing the UK company they were representing asking them to take me off their hit list. They said they would but the calls didn't stop.

The next time they rang I abused the caller verbally, they haven't rang for over a fortnight.

Get a referee's whistle and give 'em a good blast of it down the phone, worked for me...

I should have added telesales and foreign call centres to my halcyon days list.

I once had an irate woman call me and ask why I had not replied to her email of 3 weeks previous. err because I look at emails about every 6 weeks....

anyway I asked my mate about web sites and he says, " I'll give you the details of the lass who did mine" , so I google his business name and can i find it, CIF. So much for all that.