Crap Drystone walling

Dean Lofthouse

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of pics of what i have been doing for thelast few months- only a day or two or three a week in between tree stuff. We have finished, but are going back on monday to get pics and clean the dust off and measure, and i will ge more an better pics in a new thread.

001.jpg.4a54232b0bc33a5b4f4e77f7c94098e6.jpg

002.jpg.8ab96846a43d721113d851bca6a99df6.jpg

004.jpg.5847860e9960c5ecc192b673fe1a84d8.jpg

005.jpg.13fd58a07f9e48420ac9f11bd5c49b50.jpg

We have also done the outside of the curve. More to follow, but i thought they would be right at home in a crap walling thread lol.

I have a couple of pics of what i have been doing for thelast few months- only a day or two or three a week in between tree stuff. We have finished, but are going back on monday to get pics and clean the dust off and measure, and i will ge more an better pics in a new thread.

[ATTACH]41073[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]41074[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]41075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]41076[/ATTACH]

We have also done the outside of the curve. More to follow, but i thought they would be right at home in a crap walling thread lol.

& how much a mtr does that very nice & fancy walling cost :scared1:

Edited by Johny Walker

£175 + VAT plus the stone, which is about 180 vat a metre. Our bill came to around 28k plus vat.....out of 1.9 million build cost....

Edit- we started off at 200/ metre, but the building company we were subbying to (who are good friends) couldnt make anything, so we knocked it down for them.....they quoted 80 a metre lol.

Cheer mate. I havent really done any for about 3 years- i did it almost solid for about 3 ubtil about 2007. We (2 of us) barely managed to build 2 square metres a day, we are fairly particular...The joints are no thicker than a roof slate, and there are quite alot of slates that were split thiner to make packers!!!