Crap Drystone walling

Dean Lofthouse

Had to stop and wait for 5 minutes opposite some blokes building a drystone wall or should I say rebuilding.

In my opinion it was absolutely rubbish and the house was an expensive one too.

It beggers belief why (and this is a little pet hate of mine) a drystone waller would rebuild a wall with "jumpers" in when there were no "jumpers" in the wall to start with and there are no Jumpers in the drystone walls anywhere along the lane or indeed in any drystone wall in the whole village.

Apart from being lazy and weakening the wall by using what should be "throughs" as "jumpers" the cousres are all over the place.

I'll try and remember to get a piccy tomorrow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve got a soft-spot for D.S.W’s mate, even went to college years ago to learn the fine art! The plan was to ‘wall in the summer and hedge-lay in the winter (used to day-dream about making a living in the Cotswolds – just me, a series three and a Labrador to keep me company. :001_smile:

Get some pic’s, love to see it!

Drove past today and bottled out of taking a photo of it whilst three of them were working on it, if they'd have asked why I was taking a photo I'd have had to tell them, it would have just slipped out.

Better to go back when they have completed the job :001_smile:

I can just imagine it. 'Excuse me lads, can you just get out the way while I take a picture, Its for my Crap dry stone wall thread'.:lol:

• 4 weeks later...