chainsaw protection jackets?

Stihlwatersrundeep

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told that for experienced and qualified operators, chainsaw protective gloves were going to soon be optional. I dont climb with a saw as yet so its not so much an issue for me, but i have a pair of the non-ppe timberland pro gloves and one pair with the protection in them. the protected ones are the comfiest ppe gloves ive worn, but the non-ppe extra grip models are a joy to climb in

you dont have to wear chainsaw gloves when climbing, you dont have to wear gloves atall. i have some of the timberland pro gloves with the protection in. i hate them would never buy another pair and never wear the ones ive got got no grip on them and to big and bulky. Sticky gloves all day everyday for everthing. much more comfy and alot safer i think.

I've always wondered why chainsaw gloves are a requirement? I find them cumbersome and can't see how you'd ever manage to hit the back of your left hand anyway :alberteinstein:

The padding on the back of the left hand is not to prevent you from cutting yourself, Its there to stop the chain brake handle from braking the bones in your hand when you get kick back,

With chain brake handles now mostly being made from plastic and not metal this is now less of a problem. :)