Blackberry

Steve Bullman

Im writting this on an orange spv M2000. its great, touch screen, slid out keyboard, wifi so i can nip on internet quickly at home and do email, or use gprs data transfer away from home.

this phone has now been upgraded to the htc tytnII which also has built in gps, and really for the money craps on the i phone!

out of all the phones i have ever owned (even the really old brick nokias) this phone is the best lasting ive had, bouncing round in trucks, tractor footwells, in my pocket while sawing. its now 2.5yrs old and i have no intention of changing it dispite being able to upgrade free.

oh and i also have an otter box for it that mounts to my atv handle bars for doing parallel spreading of seed and fert with a blue tooth gps.

Charlie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi steve, i use a blackberry 8320, it is fab for keeping up to date with emails. They are a little delicate but i have solved this by getting a otterbox cover for it. Its the first time a phone has lasted more than 2 months for me, so if you get one you should definately get an otterbox....:icon14:

http://www.psalmgear.co.uk/blackberry-cases.html

I'm writing this using the iPhone, and its very nice, shame the iPhone isn't mine.

You should have a look at it Steve, its very nice to type with and I've only made 3 mistakes so far and it was fairly easy to correct.

-Nick

An iphone will last all of 2 secs in this job, my wife has one and it gets damaged when knocking into the pocket tissues in her bag.....:scared:

You need something rugged or something that you can get a rugged case for...... The blackberry is well catered for. Also all the new blackberrys have decent cameras on them..:wave:

My mates iphone lives in a cover (otterbox? don't know)

has had it since they came out and no probs yet (chainsaw work, adventure work with groups, climbing waterfalls, canoeing etc) and he's less than gentle on his kit.

charlie - sounds like your piece is way more than a phone with web access, more like a PDA that calls for your tea on the way home:icon14: Doesn't the gprs cost an arm and leg for data transfer?

Beaver - £50 a month was a guesstimate / vague memory, £35 may be right for my mate as well, does it depend on your package?

charlie - sounds like your piece is way more than a phone with web access, more like a PDA that calls for your tea on the way home:icon14: Doesn't the gprs cost an arm and leg for data transfer?

its not to bad if you add extra on your tariff in advance, and just stick to email and websites with very few pics. start looking at lots of pics and it gets very pricey.

and yep it is a pda smart phone and its great, sat nav, diary, phone, contacts inc emails, camera, all on me all the time

Go for the mini laptop/tablet with wireless broadband. I ditched my blackberry because I got I got sick of never being out of touch. I've even disconnected my answering service. If somethings important, they'll wait.

As to phones, I recently got a Nokia n95 - much better than the Iphone.