Blackberry

Steve Bullman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking of getting one of these tomorrow for emailing on the go. is anyone using one and if so what are the pros and cons...what is the phone like?

ta

I've had one for 6 months Steve. Get on with it fine. Only downside is no camera.

The e-mail is very easy to set up with multiple e-mail accounts possible.

You can send and recieve and view any attatchment and you don't get charged extra if you have the right tariff.

Oh and touch screen is a nightmare with this job i have a mini keyboard which works well, i think mine is the 8800. I've had many e-mail pda based phones with various different keyboards and this is the best i've had so far.

This will not be of great use to you Steve, but all the Blackberry users I've ever come across seriously begrudge their adictiveness.

I took this on board and chose to stick with an Ipaq pda for my data transfer and storage needs.

This just about does a job for me and frees me up from all the endless and sometimes pointless over-communicating,

and then there's the real con of having nowhere to hide in cyberspace

We can all be a bit over Techi sometimes Imo. :wave:

a mate of mine has an Iphone, seems good to me, does all his email, calls and work diary on it. No stylus to lose and no keyboard to break, all you need is a bare finger and I frequently have one to hand. Only down I can see is the £50 a month, but at least it's all in.