Who's got a CSCS card?

Ian Flatters

The Card to be able to work on any construction site these days in 2014 is a C.S.C.S. Card and the card now is a Green and not a white card. This is a basic card requirement to be able to even work such as a construction labourer. The questions are a lot more difficult now and some of them have changed. When you go to book on the phone you will need to order the book to study and remember the questions and the answers as its worth learning all of it as the questions are random and anyone can be put on the screen when you take this test. Construction Skills Certificate Scheme C.S.C.S. Most of the construction site go to construction agencies to get labour for sites unless your a tradesman and price a job yourself. And all the agencies now ask for a C.S.C.S. Card holder only. But even having this your still need to read through a health and safety forms and sign them and a tick box on health condition you have before the site Management will allow you on site. And to those who ask the question is it worth it the answer is YES, why because you never get to work on most sites now around the country and certainly wont be able to work on the Big National Construction company sites.

Edited by turquoisewaters

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Card to be able to work on any construction site these days in 2014 is a C.S.C.S. Card and the card now is a Green and not a white card. This is a basic card requirement to be able to even work such as a construction labourer. The questions are a lot more difficult now and some of them have changed. When you go to book on the phone you will need to order the book to study and remember the questions and the answers as its worth learning all of it as the questions are random and anyone can be put on the screen when you take this test. Construction Skills Certificate Scheme C.S.C.S. Most of the construction site go to construction agencies to get labour for sites unless your a tradesman and price a job yourself. And all the agencies now ask for a C.S.C.S. Card holder only. But even having this your still need to read through a health and safety forms and sign them and a tick box on health condition you have before the site Management will allow you on site. And to those who ask the question is it worth it the answer is YES, why because you never get to work on most sites now around the country and certainly wont be able to work on the Big National Construction company sites.

My goldfish could pass that test,............... without a book:laugh1:

Did mine in Feb this year cost me 25 quid and 20 mins of my time, got green card in 3 days.

Some training providers are robbing people blind, h and s training day fit 160 quid? Rubbish, as andy says the green operative card is all you need and my dad could pass it and he's been dead 12 years!

Edited by Ian C

You have to do the Rolo test now, absolute minefield. Did mine through arb association cost £120 as a member then you do CItb Cscs test £17.50 then you can apply to Bali for the card at £34, then you turn up on site and the agent doesn't recognise the card and some sites want a copy of your health and safety course certificate as well. If you have a level 2 nvq in arb this is sometimes accepted by Bali instead of doing the one day course, depends on who you get through too at bali.

I

You have to do the Rolo test now, absolute minefield. Did mine through arb association cost £120 as a member then you do CItb Cscs test £17.50 then you can apply to Bali for the card at £34, then you turn up on site and the agent doesn't recognise the card and some sites want a copy of your health and safety course certificate as well. If you have a level 2 nvq in arb this is sometimes accepted by Bali instead of doing the one day course, depends on who you get through too at bali.

No you don't, I can book one tomorrow for next week and turn up for the test.

basic labourers card is all you need and backed up by ur nptc cards........book direct not through some robbing agencies

Correct, there are loads of firms robbing people and saying you need all sorts when you don't, I always get asked for my muppet card but only ever once for for nptc certs. When you think of some of the drongos that end up working on sites they can't make it too hard too get!