What's the best method of removing pampas grass?

Treewarrior

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you seperate all the individual blades of grass and weave it into baskets on site, you will not need WCL as it as now been turned into a product, rootball can be ground and composted

Now thats thinking outside the box.:thumbup1:

Apparently pampas grass is planted to show that your a bit of a swinger.:001_huh:

Thanks for all the advice guys. The pampas grass was 100 yards from my house at a neighbours. He has a slipped disc and can't dig or pull. Quoted him £50 to do the deed. Started at 6pm and finished,at 7,30pm.

He was so impressed that he gave me £100 cash and asked me back next week to crown lift 2 silver birch trees. Great job and great advice.

Put rope round bush, cut through at root level. Then laughed for 5 minutes as I couldn't drag the sod into my trailer. He then laughed at me, cursing as I split it into bits to get into trailer then spent 40 minutes digging all the root ball out. Then said never mind about the bits, I'll clear up, you get yourself home. What a great bloke!!

Welwell and I told you the best way to do it, did you listen? No you didn't. Lured away from sense by tales of lassooing the monster and dragging it around like some kind of Horticultural super hero. :lol:

They are pretty bloody heavy and sharp when you try and move the whole thing aren't they.

Got a client looking for a large Pampas, shame you arnt in the Suffolk/Norfolk area, if anyone else in my area has one to dispose of let me know.

Andy, I have six (yes, six) large pampas to dig out and remove, and I am in Aldringham, next to Leiston. Is that any use to you or shall I destry them? Lots of tips here!!

Andy, I have six (yes, six) large pampas to dig out and remove, and I am in Aldringham, next to Leiston. Is that any use to you or shall I destry them? Lots of tips here!!

If you dont get a response from Andy then PM him in case he misses this thread.

I reckon its for his own garden tbh.:sneaky2: