My New Bike…

John Hancock

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha that aswell, boy's and their toys lol. Sold my Aprillia 280cc Climber a while back, I wish I still had it.

i love trials bikes, i back onto the hills and i know allthe farmers, the ground you can cover in a short space of time is amazing:thumbup1: i have had 3 in the last 8 years. my favourite was a Montessa 250, dougie lampkin special. awesome bike, so light on the front end:001_cool:

Mick is a legend mate! I used to be well into it but had a winter lay-off because my knees are giving up the ghost. I’ll be cycling into work, which is a round trip of about 30 miles. On a Sunday I’ll go out and knock-up about 40 or so.

I’ve been a roadie, done all the ball-breaking training in the past – now I just enjoy it. :001_smile:

Cool john still quite hardcore .:thumbup: do you take anything for ya aches and pains :biggrin:

Nothing mate, bugger all! Just use a lower gear now.

teehee, i've also succombe to lower gears and mudguards!!!

Both a concession to age and lack of regular miles(plus fed up of constantly having a wet arse!), not as tough as i used to be.

Is that a compact groupset on there buddy?

Tidy. Im riding a fixed wheel bike at the moment but not getting out on it enough. I wish I could cycle to work but I think it would kill me cycling home after climbing all day.

Nice Chris king headset. I always wanted a Chris king rear hub.

I used to ride fixed:thumbup:

Once had a copper try and tell me I should have had a rear brake:001_rolleyes:

Nice John, very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

teehee, i've also succombe to lower gears and mudguards!!!

Both a concession to age and lack of regular miles(plus fed up of constantly having a wet arse!), not as tough as i used to be.

Is that a compact groupset on there buddy?

Well spotted, yes it is. I’ve always ridden 42/53 and this is the first venture into compacts. All seems well so far (when I drop down from the big ring I now drop down two cogs and all seems well) On the old set up I’d just drop it down one. :thumbup1:

very cool john, id love to get out on my bike more, but ive got nobody to go to, the girlfriends is a 20 minute car jouurney. used to bike to school a couple of years ago, 4 miles there and 4 miles back, not much but i used to have to get a lift to the bus stop because that was a faff getting there.

Its a mountain bike i own, decided to get one with just front suspension and stiffen it up, i run the tyres at a very high pressure so only the centre was touching tarmac, the first time i did that my average speed doubled, so much less resistance. Ive got a friend who rides in competitions and has recently been training in lanzarote.

would love to get out on my bike again