I'm Leaving the Trees

Rentachimp

Good luck buddy, can't of been an easy decision.

I can understand where you and others are coming from though. I mean, do I REALLY still want to be doing this when I'm sixty?!!

I think youve got to strike a balance between doing the work we love, earning a decent crust, and having a back up plan for emergencies and old age!

Please let me know if anyone's managed it?!! :fisheye:

• 5 years later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

I can categorically say I am sick to the back teeth

of my job, and am thinking of taking up the tools again. Money is the only thing holding me back, truthfully - my needs have expanded to match my earnings. What's the average rate for a climber in South Wales these days?

I'm still regularly in the woods, but usually on my mountain bike these days. I have kept my hand in on the tools, too. Guess you can never leave the arb once you've started.

i go down and see a friend who makes hurdles and spars out in woods all day or in his shed with his wood burner going sat down making his spars. never going to be mega rich but he is enjoying life and in his 70,s

i came out of IT yes money not bad but 5ooomiles a month driving early starts finish late. now a parish lengthman,ground maintenance and hedgelaying. love my jobs out all the time in the country most of the time may not be rich doing it but would never go back into IT.one of the nicest jobs i have is cutting grass at a cemetery so peacful as it should be but its so nice on a nice day sit on one of the benches eating lunch with the wildlife about what more can you ask for.:thumbup1: