Land Rover Dealership - TUT TUT TUT....

Arborist Sites

Last year I went into a car dealership in my work gear, straight off a site, to look at a vehicle that I'd seen advertised.

The salesman ignored me until I went to speak to him, and then he tried to steer me away from the vehicle I was looking at, and sell me a garish coloured 4x4, on the pretext that it would 'pull my caravan'.

Needless to say, I tore a strip right off him, in no uncertain terms, as his boss was getting out of a car and walking across the forecourt, hearing my full tirade of abuse.

I then proceeded to give the boss the 3rd degree about customer relations, courtesy, staff training, etc....

Then just for badness, as I turned on my heel to leave, I said 'you really don't know who I am, do you?' , (not that I'm anyone special at all :001_tongue: ) and walked off.

If I could have filmed the bollocking that that guy got off his boss!

I watched from the car and saw a lot of arm-waving and finger-pointing and head-down shoe shuffling ... it was hilarious!!! :biggrin:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did it to me at toyota when I was looking at an Amazon, I ended up buying one elsewhere..

Then my mate drove my amazon and decided he wanted a one and went down to buy a brand new new shaped one which had just been launched.

He went straight from a ride out on his horse jodpurs an all.

They treat him like a pratt when he asked if they had a car he could test drive now, they told him they couldn't get one for ages. He said well I'm wanting one now, but they still couldn't help and didn't take him seriously.

So he walked next door to landrover and bought the highest spec one he could there and then, then went back next door and told them.

My mate had just retired mid 40's after selling his company for around £12M

Never. Land rovers pee on jap rubbish.

I've got both, they dont.

My landrover has done 150K and I've replaced everthing except the chassis, cab and rear axle.

I've just chucked in my Landcruiser Amazon for a new one, that had done 350K in which time I had to replace the alternator. It went with no rattles or squeaks and was good for anothr 350K

what are you doing tomorrow sawdust?!!!!!

sitting in my landrover dealers warm,dry, show room drinking free coffee while they fix my landy, turns out it was the fuel pump. anyway they did it there and then for me, even though they a booked up solid for the next couple of weeks. They understand that its my work vehicle and have done what they can to keep me going. 10/10 for customer service.:thumbup1:

Lets see if the rice burners are still going in 60 years. how many land cruisers have chip bodys/ tool boxes etc. as far as a working vehicle landrovers get my vote, if its for sitting on a motorway croozing then the jap wins.

We have had at least one Landrover on the drive for at least 25 years. My Mrs is currently driving the vehicle we will ever buy from Landrover - a Freelander 2.

Nothing wrong with the car but the dealership has been appalling. From the first day we went to order it they just were not interested to the point of being downright rude. We actually went to do a deal on a new Defender and a Freelander but, with a full complement of sales staff and no other customers in the showroom as no one would talk to us. After we had been waiting about 20 minutes a Burberry clad chav bounced in and went over to a black Range Rover Sport two of the sales staff jumped up and sprang into action.

I walked out but the Mrs had her heart set on a new Freelander, gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered one. Even she thinks they are scum now as she continued to be treated as something walked in on a shoe.

She was even so annoyed that she listed all the issues with head office but nothing happened - and that banged the final nail in the coffin of our long relationship with LR.

PS: my Landcruiser is fantastic!