What's going on!!

Mick Stockbridge

My mates son has just bought a 1994 1.1 fiesta, first car at 18, Insurance is 1100 a year, only give 350 for the car

Thinking about it now tho, My first car i bought off my mum for 300 and insurance cost me 900 so not too much difference 12 years ago

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while on the prince trust i was asked by one of the youngsters " why should i work??" after giving him loads of reasons i.e self worth, pride contributing society and making better life etc. he replied no point Govt give it me for nothing and he explained his benefits to me, this 17 yer old got his flat fully paid for about £220 cash a week plus other stuff. all because he was unfit for work i.e too lazy and knew how to milk system. he then laughed and walked off. To be honest i was dumbfounded!!!

Not really any need for the jesus christ comment.

Yes I have read and understood the thread thank-you. But my point was that £3.53ph is not a livable wage for anyone in todays modern society.

If its possible to make a civil point and not recieve sarcastic comments then I'll show why.

£564.80 per month before tax, that's assuming it's even full time.

Rent: (at a VERY cheap rate) £200

Petrol: £100

Food: £60 (if you live on blue & white)

Road tax: Roughly £12pm

Car insurance: £90

Car repairs/new parts: (as a rough idea) £20

Misc (shampoo, toothpaste etc): £20

That is just pure essentials and possible under-valued = £502.

Plus your employing a human being so what about family/friends birthdays? And what about a social life/hobby? Replacing chainsaw PPE when its knackered?

I'm not saying pay £10ph, but you have to take modern living prices into account.

Saying get a bike is just nonsense, sorry. The last tree jobs I've done have been over 30minutes away by car.

The employer will pay for PPE not the employee.

Ruffly £3.50/4 an hour for a 17 year old is plenty to start, IF they get there head down, graft, show willing and show signs that they are improving/learning then the wage will go up accordingly!!

Not really any need for the jesus christ comment.

Yes I have read and understood the thread thank-you. But my point was that £3.53ph is not a livable wage for anyone in todays modern society.

If its possible to make a civil point and not recieve sarcastic comments then I'll show why.

£564.80 per month before tax, that's assuming it's even full time.

Rent: (at a VERY cheap rate) £200

Petrol: £100

Food: £60 (if you live on blue & white)

Road tax: Roughly £12pm

Car insurance: £90

Car repairs/new parts: (as a rough idea) £20

Misc (shampoo, toothpaste etc): £20

That is just pure essentials and possible under-valued = £502.

Plus your employing a human being so what about family/friends birthdays? And what about a social life/hobby? Replacing chainsaw PPE when its knackered?

I'm not saying pay £10ph, but you have to take modern living prices into account.

Saying get a bike is just nonsense, sorry. The last tree jobs I've done have been over 30minutes away by car.

i suggest you get a p/t job @ the blue & white till your up to speed & eraning a decent wack :laugh1:

Errr at least there is a minimum wage.

I used to work on a farm 20 years a go for £1 an hour, and that was bleedin hard work.

This is the problem it looks a lot more attractive (to some)to sit on ones butt and get dole than do some hard graft for a minimum wage. They dont see the benefits of working!