What's going on!!

Mick Stockbridge

Why am I having trouble finding someone young that can graft ?

I've had enough of taking kids on for a days trial only to watch their pathetic ways when it comes to grafting. I dont think I'm going to bother with English kids anymore, they just aint up to it.

Monday, take a kid out for a trial after his dad kept badgering me to give him a go, he weren't worth tuppence and in fact turned out to be a liability.

Plippy lost his voice cos he had to constantly shout at him. I've not seen anyone so slow and useless since the last English kid I gave a days work to.

Anyhow on site and only there to drive the dumper when it was full of chip was a young Lithuainian called Vitali, boy that fella could graft. He did'nt have to do anything but could'nt help himself and got stuck in, so at the end of the day I gave him a drink. He would'nt take it so I put it in his pocket.

He only went and put it on the chipper and simply refused it. English kids had better buck up I reckon.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree mate, there crap, would rather watch and spend all day texting there chav mates about how the world owes them something. The foreighn lads are used to a harder life thats why they graft. A customer asked me a few weeks back why a lot of us tree guys have older guys working for us, simple i said they can work and have a bit of common.

Only last week my mate and I were commenting on the higher age of the road gangs these days. Same thing I guess. Working for 8 hours at 30mph gets way more done than working for half an hour at 60. Plus they don't take the day off for a hangover.

Why am I having trouble finding someone young that can graft ?

I've had enough of taking kids on for a days trial only to watch their pathetic ways when it comes to grafting. I dont think I'm going to bother with English kids anymore, they just aint up to it.

Monday, take a kid out for a trial after his dad kept badgering me to give him a go, he weren't worth tuppence and in fact turned out to be a liability.

Plippy lost his voice cos he had to constantly shout at him. I've not seen anyone so slow and useless since the last English kid I gave a days work to.

Anyhow on site and only there to drive the dumper when it was full of chip was a young Lithuainian called Vitali, boy that fella could graft. He did'nt have to do anything but could'nt help himself and got stuck in, so at the end of the day I gave him a drink. He would'nt take it so I put it in his pocket.

He only went and put it on the chipper and simply refused it. English kids had better buck up I reckon.

hey mick, that Lithuainian, i hope you got his number, defo worth avin him with us on bigger jobs:thumbup1: cant beleive he wouldnt take the drink, for helping, i only need to be asked once :001_tt2: dont i owe ya £2 mick:blushing:

i agree totally, i recently volunteered with princes trust to mentor and coach disadvanteged youths, they had it on a plate but still couldnt be bothered, companies were virtually giving them jobs but they couldnt be arsed to even turn up, and when they did went straight on a fag break! Nearly drove me to an early grave it did!! They dont realise what their doing and dont even care!! One of them thought it was funny that he was on more money than me through benefits than i was serving in the Army!!

Pisses me off because now ive decided on a career change and wanna enter this industry as a newbie, companies dont wanna give me a chance cos they think i will be same or dont want the hassle!

Dread to think what this country will be like in 10 years??

there are a few good young ones out there though, but not many!!