entec no stress

Dean O

hi guys may need a new/ replacement grey box.

my entec 6 inch (2000/2001 model) has had on and off problems with its no stress over the last month and finally got some time to fix it for good.

if its not just a loose wire etc then ive been told i wont be able to source a new part (i havent tried yet),

has anyone got any idea of wether retro fitting a newer form from the newer 150's is a sensible posibility or does anyone have a no stress for my model knocking about?

thanks for any advice in advance:001_smile:

hi, i have a timberwolf 35/150 6" chipper (badged as entec on makers plate) that had the same problem. The grey anti stress box was playing up. You cant get this sort anymore so i am told but there is a retro fit newer version available that was supplied to me to fit, fitted it and now works a treat. Try giving mark a ring at M&H Arb Services 07766056148. He used to work for arborplant as engineer, who were Timberwolf dealers (entec) and set up for himself. Very good and wery helpful

thanks for the replies

There is a small resistor which went down on the circuit board

i dont realy have any electrickery knowledge - who'd do the fault finding? normal electrician?:blushing:

would probably be handy to repair the defunct box and keeping it as spair, even if i do end up replacing it in the short term.

well....... took it to local engineer and the box is working - due to slack belts:blushing:

i replaced a worn belt a little while ago and this promptly snapped taking off the fuel line and no doubt giving everything else in there a bit of a whipping

when i replaced it again i was a bit worried about over tightening- thinking that this was what caused the belt to break.

however i regret asking him to look over it - bottom and top roller splines on the way out, a shake on the rotor - not sure if its the bearings again or the shaft.

worn fans

potential £900 bill.

looking on the bright side at least the no stress is ok:001_tt2:

not sure whether to sell it on and replace it with something newer or to fix and keep it going in the knowledge that i know i wont get any surprises.:thumbdown: