i just think

jamie wroe

For my penance here's a little tale!

"We decided to retell the story about a newly hired travelling salesman who sent his first sales report to the head office, because its truth is timeless. When the report reached them they were stunned. The new salesman wrote, 'I seen this outfit which ain't never bot nuthin from us and I sole them a lotta goods. Now I'm going to Chicawgo.' Before the sales manager could fire him, along came a second report. 'I come here to Chicawgo and sole them over a millyun.' Fearful if he fired the salesman and concerned if he didn't, the sales manager dumped the problem into the lap of the company president. The following morning the sales department was amazed to see a memo from the president posted on the bulletin board beside the salesman's two letters. It said, 'We ben spending two much time tryin to spel and not enuf tryin to sel. Let's watch those sails. I want everybody should read these two letters from Gooch, who is on the rode doin a grate job for us, and you should go out and do like he dun.'

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely everything! Kidding - sort of. I come from a generation where the ability to spell was kind of a good thing. As was the tone of an application, CV, applicant etc.

timber cutter has a valid point, but more when looking for a less less skilled job and more a sitting on ones backside type of job! lol:001_rolleyes:

The government really can't win can they? They do all they can to get people off long-term dole and there's still someone who hates them for it :confused1:

Having lived on the dole I don't consider that guy lucky for having done it for over a year - it's not exactly a great life - not having enough money to go out, not being able to buy a round of drinks in the pub...

Not sure he's someone to be jealous of, that's all I'm saying.

Sorry but being on the dole and "not having enough money to buy a round of drinks" is so hard!

we both work and cant afford to throw money round in a pub, dont give me the im on the dole its hard crap, and i dont think its right that people get all this funding to get a job, give em a job on a basic wage picking litter or the likes and let them work on improving there life not just hand it to em. I had to pay a lot of money to get my certs and people that "find it hard" get it given on a plate!

Sorry but being on the dole and "not having enough money to buy a round of drinks" is so hard!

we both work and cant afford to throw money round in a pub, dont give me the im on the dole its hard crap, and i dont think its right that people get all this funding to get a job, give em a job on a basic wage picking litter or the likes and let them work on improving there life not just hand it to em. I had to pay a lot of money to get my certs and people that "find it hard" get it given on a plate!

:congrats:

Absolutely!

i wont know how hard it is on the dole really from the age of 16 ive bein on the dole for 3weeks thats it the way i look at is do any job you can get and dont let the hard working tax payers pay for your rent,council tax and food and if ya have a kid pay for them its a discrace that pepole can sit on ther arse not doing any thing can get every thing payed for but the pepole who do work carnt any help at all

Jamie, when work pics up and i need a hand i will give you a shout but it will only be now and again, i am trying to keep costs down this year as we are no where from the end of the recession yet IMO. DONT give up please, Like othere's have said you need your certs, there is a lot of people out there with certs and there always going to come before you in the queue. Can you not offer to do say half day a week for a local firm in exchange for some training or they keep your half day pay and pay for a ticket when you have built up enough funds? just a thought.

i think in the dole world, he who moans and groans the most wins, so the muppets who know the system get all the good stuff, i was on a course last year for a week where to young lads appeared with all the gear, they were late, rude, back chatted, and didnt listen from the word go. I found it very entertaining when the little hard one had a panick attack about 30 feet up a sycamore, he kept saying i cant, i cant. he hadnt listened to a word the instructor had told him and he wouldnt take my advice, you should of seen his face when i got a hold of his prussik lol.

you make your own luck in this life, the sooner you get the idea of weekends off, luxuries like drink,fags, even fizzy juice out your head and just knuckle down and get on with it, the sooner you will succeed. you can live on diluting juice and gammon sannys for months on end, and cornflakes for your dinner. i used to do my weeks shopping for £12. it wasnt exactly jamie oliver but i survived. lol

there is so much work out there its unbelievable, maybe not clad from head to toe in stein gear playing with you hitch climber, but general dogs body work.

Good post, too many people are attracted to this game by the glamour of skinny climbing suits and flashy shiny gear, but in reality it's mainly about dragging your way up the back of a half dead ivy infested ash tree that your everyday lopping and topping man ran away from.

Don't get me wrong sometimes it is a glamorous job, when you get to pose in the chippy at dinner time with all your dangly bits and donkeys nob knots on display! :001_tt2:

mr wroe,i have a neighbour who has been unemployed for a year( classed as long term unemployed )and he has just managed to get his climbing and cutting tickets payed for he also has had £500.00 worth of ppe provided and can offer any new employer a £1000 grant if they take him on. There are oppertunities out there.

you just gotta look for them:001_smile:

Lucky him, I would love to know how he managed it.

Im on jobseekers, and I had to pay for my own PPE, course and assessments, but that maybe because Ive not been claiming for a year and Im NOT under 25.

We dont go down the pub, rarely go out and eat what I shoot to keep bills down, but I still have a mortgage to pay, amongst other household bills.

As for the OP, get your tickets, you wont get anywhere in this game without them. Follow-up every ad, and dont loose heart, you will get there in the end.