Claim culture

Jon Lad

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You boys over there ain't seen nothing yet....take a butchers at this shite. And you know it's only gonna get worse....7 Top Stupid Lawsuits That Won BIG Money. « Tons Of Mashup Resources. Top 10 Lists Of Everything.

Something really has gone seriously wrong with the legal system in the U.S. when people are claiming and WINNING for things like that.

You boys over there ain't seen nothing yet....take a butchers at this shite. And you know it's only gonna get worse....7 Top Stupid Lawsuits That Won BIG Money. « Tons Of Mashup Resources. Top 10 Lists Of Everything.

While the usual suspects hurl abuse at everything that emanates from the EU, we slowly but surely morph into the 51st state.

If it happens in the USA, its only a matter of time before it rears its ugly head on this side of the pond.:thumbdown:

In some ways I think we're much worse over here than the US.

I remember speaking to a fellow last year about this... he was ranting about how his wife had fallen in a supermarket and broken her wrist. There had been a spillage on the floor and she had slipped. The staff were on there way to clear it up and she had slipped in the 60 seconds as they were getting the mop.

He didn't win any compensation and was saying how disgusting it was his poor wife etc etc. He owns and runs a small nursery (selling plants) and I looked over his shoulder and pointed to a patch of mud in his car park.

"What happens if I slip on that and break my arm.... shall I sue you?"

That sort of took the wind out of his sails!

No one wants to stand up in this country and just say accidents happen and it's just part of life...

What gets me is when soldiers with permenant injuries get a pittance and yet someone who has been called derogatory words at work seem to score huge compensation!

If blame has got to be placed surely it is at the feet of those in the legal system that make and manage the law.....

:sneaky2:

The solicitors definitely fuel this claim culture problem.

People are made to feel an idiot if they can claim but decide not to.

Weve all seen the ad "I tripped on a piece of wood that shouldnt have been there so I claimed" How about the company should sue that person for walking around with there eyes closed, injuring themselves and therefore hitting the company in the pocket because they cant do there job for 6 weeks :thumbup1:

HSE doesnt help by wanting everyone to be able to walk around with there hands in there pockets and taking no responsibility for there actions unless they have been told and or trained in what to do for every situation possible.

Ahh well keeps us all on our toes:001_smile:

:lol:

Sure thats not a bit of a piss take though have heard the Winnebago one in loads of different versions years ago I doubt it could still go on if it ever did.

Class though :thumbup1:

at the end the borough of islington are having to pay out a 4 figure sum becuase a branch clonged a women on the back

the Reason they didnt have in place at the time of the structural failure a management provison for their park open space trees some 80.000 trees

ooops

The four figure sum was probably a lot less than it would cost to inspect 80000 trees though.

So perhaps Islington have quantified the risks from their entire tree stock and decided it's cheaper just to pay out when they are liable for falling branches rather than undertake the inspections. Thus allowing resources to be redirected to areas of much higher risk, such as uneven pavements. :001_tongue: