Jump to content
Burnham

ArbDogs? Pics!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Big J said:

Thanks for all the warm wishes guys. It means a lot. So many of us here have companion dogs that we see more of than our partners, children, friends or indeed anyone else. Nobody goes into dog ownership blind - we nearly always outlive them, but it doesn't make the prospect of that end point any less traumatic.

 

So to update - she's doing a lot better today. Much perkier, and she's somehow managed the convince the (obviously easily manipulated :D ) nurses that she only eats gravy bones. Her temperature is stable. Her heart murmur persists and her breathing is a bit laboured still, but it's a positive step and we can take her home tomorrow morning. With a bucketful of meds (to quote the vet).

 

I don't think that she's out of the woods, but she'll hopefully recuperate better at home. There will be lasting damage to her heart with the endocarditis and the recovery from that is 4-6 months usually. It'll require her to have a change of pace in life, but hopefully she's on the road to recovery.

 

 

Been thinking about her today, was dreading signing in but that's very positive news for you 👍

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Big J said:

Thanks for all the warm wishes guys. It means a lot. So many of us here have companion dogs that we see more of than our partners, children, friends or indeed anyone else. Nobody goes into dog ownership blind - we nearly always outlive them, but it doesn't make the prospect of that end point any less traumatic.

 

So to update - she's doing a lot better today. Much perkier, and she's somehow managed the convince the (obviously easily manipulated :D ) nurses that she only eats gravy bones. Her temperature is stable. Her heart murmur persists and her breathing is a bit laboured still, but it's a positive step and we can take her home tomorrow morning. With a bucketful of meds (to quote the vet).

 

I don't think that she's out of the woods, but she'll hopefully recuperate better at home. There will be lasting damage to her heart with the endocarditis and the recovery from that is 4-6 months usually. It'll require her to have a change of pace in life, but hopefully she's on the road to recovery.

 

 

Hi J, just wondering if you managed to get Katie home today and how she is doing?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gary112 said:

Hi J, just wondering if you managed to get Katie home today and how she is doing?

 

Really good Gary - as well as we could have hoped. My wife collected her from the vets and came to my site with lunch, and Katie was cheery and bright. Panting a bit (it is warm, and she's always been crap in the heat) and not so quick on her feet but in no way withdrawn.

 

I'm so pleased that she seems to be out of the woods. We've got a massive pile of meds to give her every day for the short term, and she'll be on heart meds for the rest of her life. 

 

She went straight to bed for a bit when they got back home, but then spent the rest of the afternoon outside, potting around the farm and sitting in the shade under the bench.

 

No description available.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big J said:

 

Really good Gary - as well as we could have hoped. My wife collected her from the vets and came to my site with lunch, and Katie was cheery and bright. Panting a bit (it is warm, and she's always been crap in the heat) and not so quick on her feet but in no way withdrawn.

 

I'm so pleased that she seems to be out of the woods. We've got a massive pile of meds to give her every day for the short term, and she'll be on heart meds for the rest of her life. 

 

She went straight to bed for a bit when they got back home, but then spent the rest of the afternoon outside, potting around the farm and sitting in the shade under the bench.

 

No description available.

Brilliant stuff,she looks pretty good there,hope she keeps doing well now

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

    • By Patrick goulding · Posted
      Our company used this tip site today to tip our chippings. We had been doing a highways job in ecclesfield Sheffield removing some Lombardi populars. The access to this tip site was very good. It’s a allotments/ youth centre. Real nice lady who we spoke to just rang up and arranged to tip. I think this tipping idea 💡 is brilliant saves a lot of time and money 💰 thanks 👍 
    • By Harry P · Posted
      First time user.  Great service from Chris at 'Collarb '.  Great drop of woodchips.  Many thanks.  Harry. 😁 
    • By Dan Maynard · Posted
      Good access on concrete, plenty of room to turn and tip. I just tipped arb chip.
    • By TIDY · Posted
      Sherwood Compost on Stragglethorpe road, Stragglethorpe (in between west bridgford & Radcliffe on Trent) £35 for a full transit tipper load Hard standing so you wont get stuck. Take all waste (woodchip, brash & logs) In and out very quick with a receipt for your records  Call Lee before hand 07949 665584

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.