ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

7 hours ago, Bustergasket said:

IMG_0289.jpg
Just lost my boy, he was superb, managed to get him to almost 10yrs, i have just taken on (collected him today) a 1 yr old rescue Tibetan Mastiff, iam just realising how much work i have ahead, he ran upstairs and got on the bed, was not really up for getting off and was happy to make lots of noise, i managed to diffuse it and put his lead on him and give him a right timed pull he then protested but this guy is full on, he proceeded to have 10 mins of what i assume was mad house play downstairs which we completely ignored, iam now sat downstairs going through some alpha male appreciation time, while ignoring the fireworks, what a dog, i hope i can turn him round, i guess that’s the problem with a rescue and it’s not made easier by his breed, why do i always choose the hard way ! i really hope i can get there with him as aside from his little dominance display he appears a nice dog, in hindsight he should have not gone upstairs, i was just spoilt with my Bernese who was magnificent emoji106.png this is the new addition/ hooligan, i hope we make it through the night !IMG_3802.jpg

Good luck with him! Looks magnificent.

• Like 1

IMG_0289.thumb.jpg.c96cd2d683a6bbae9cf9773099475957.jpg
Just lost my boy, he was superb, managed to get him to almost 10yrs, i have just taken on (collected him today) a 1 yr old rescue Tibetan Mastiff, iam just realising how much work i have ahead, he ran upstairs and got on the bed, was not really up for getting off and was happy to make lots of noise, i managed to diffuse it and put his lead on him and give him a right timed pull he then protested but this guy is full on, he proceeded to have 10 mins of what i assume was mad house play downstairs which we completely ignored, iam now sat downstairs going through some alpha male appreciation time, while ignoring the fireworks, what a dog, i hope i can turn him round, i guess that’s the problem with a rescue and it’s not made easier by his breed, why do i always choose the hard way ! i really hope i can get there with him as aside from his little dominance display he appears a nice dog, in hindsight he should have not gone upstairs, i was just spoilt with my Bernese who was magnificent [emoji106] this is the new addition/ hooligan, i hope we make it through the night !IMG_3802.thumb.jpg.e3e737d5cbdda3061837c69792ea8ec4.jpg

God he’ll make the last fella look small! I’ve yet to see one up close but they look the business!

Got bitten today by a customer's dog. He's got 11 rescue dogs,  wouldn't have minded too much if it had been the Staffie,  how bleeding embarrassing when a 10 year old, one eyed Chihuahua had me on the hand! Poor little sod had been horribly abused, client brought him out in his arms, I let him smell my fist, then slowly moved to stroke him. Like lightening, the little git had my knuckle. The bloke said, he's done that to me a few times, I should have brought one of the other nine Chihuahuas to meet you. Another training day with the Belgian Shepherd tomorrow, hope he doesn't get the same idea.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

God he’ll make the last fella look small! I’ve yet to see one up close but they look the business!

IMG_3824.jpg This is a pic of his dad, the youngster is a good boy, just started to find his feet, barking at delivery people, mrs introduced him to the postman, that when we found out the old boy had been having two treats a day for the past 8 years! this one is not so food oriented, he has been sick today all over the place, probably something he has sniffed, licked or eaten, hopefully he will pick up tomorrow, this was at the weekend IMG_3835.jpg
  • Like 5

cheers mate..she turned 3 at the weekend, 

Just settling in then !! ;)
Mine went to 19 and then still wouldn’t hand in his badge . My mate famously said that he was only staying alive to piss me off !!
Excellent dogs, just watch her around vehicles , my hearts still broken from a tragic mishap . They’re so astute until it comes to cars aren’t they ?

IMG_3426.jpg

My last fell (feeling the cold at his age slightly ) at 15

• Like 9