ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

36 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Looks in fine form Doug

He's doing well thanks Gary.

Deaf as a time served tree surgeon and prefers a lift in/out the truck, but he's happy and when he smells a hare or deer he'll be off running for ages. Can't ask for more than that.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

He's doing well thanks Gary.

Deaf as a time served tree surgeon and prefers a lift in/out the truck, but he's happy and when he smells a hare or deer he'll be off running for ages. Can't ask for more than that.

Brilliant he looks really happy anyway

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

295247577_Katieupsidedown.thumb.png.e17d88463880e2a452a1cbb47ace666f.png

8 weeks since we had to say goodbye. 

I've generally been fine since about 72 hours after. You miss them all the time, as all the little things you do every day seem to remind you of them. As I think I said before, it's like losing your shadow. 

For some reason something set me off slightly yesterday whilst I was driving round and this morning it occurred to me that I hadn't let an old friend know she'd gone. He was very fond of her when she was young and looked after her a few times whilst we were on holiday. So texted him and it feels fresh again.

And now writing this, dabbing my eyes with a tissue. You think it fades with time, but I'm not sure. I think your brain just does a better job of burying the grief. It's still there though.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3