ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

16 hours ago, David Cropper said:

Charlie waking up when heard me starting the Bbq. Wife's done well with the azaleas this year.

20210508_184118.jpg

That look says it all. Do I have to visit la boucherie myself then? Hope he got une sausisse in the end!

• Haha 1

When my son turned 14 he said he wanted another Burnese Mountain dog puppy. Her name was Macy. She had 3 beautiful litters and lived to be a very old Burner at 13 years old. The pic of Macy at the groomers. All the fur on the floor was brushed out of her, none was clipped. The litter in Puppy Prison was her last. The third puppy from the left was Brooke. She was 97 pounds at 4 years old. She got sick and went from 97 to 60 pounds in three months. It's funny how every one in the house says the good, pretty dogs are theirs. But if they are old, sick, or bad, they are Dad's dog. I always get to take the dogs to get their "good night" shot. The vet and all the girls in the office were crying. Brooke went to every one in the office and put her head in their lap. Doc cried she couldn't put her down, she was just so happy. But, it you tried to pet her, she was so weak she would fall down. I held her in my lap and told her I was sorry, I didn't protect her. I didn't want another dog for a long time. Then we got Breezy. She was the wild child of her litter, she's big strong and smart. By 6 months she had won her AKC trick dog certificate. She can unlock and open the sliding glass door in the family room and let herself out to get a drink or whatever. If she wants to come in, she can open the door from outside too. I just haven't taught her how to close the door. She's the only Burnese we ever had that likes to play ball. If no one is around she will open the door and go get her ball and throw and chase it, then come back in. the last pic is Breezy and my daughter, Joe.

3787.jpeg

3rd litter (2).JPG

20191027_115948_001.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rarefish383 said:

When my son turned 14 he said he wanted another Burnese Mountain dog puppy. Her name was Macy. She had 3 beautiful litters and lived to be a very old Burner at 13 years old. The pic of Macy at the groomers. All the fur on the floor was brushed out of her, none was clipped. The litter in Puppy Prison was her last. The third puppy from the left was Brooke. She was 97 pounds at 4 years old. She got sick and went from 97 to 60 pounds in three months. It's funny how every one in the house says the good, pretty dogs are theirs. But if they are old, sick, or bad, they are Dad's dog. I always get to take the dogs to get their "good night" shot. The vet and all the girls in the office were crying. Brooke went to every one in the office and put her head in their lap. Doc cried she couldn't put her down, she was just so happy. But, it you tried to pet her, she was so weak she would fall down. I held her in my lap and told her I was sorry, I didn't protect her. I didn't want another dog for a long time. Then we got Breezy. She was the wild child of her litter, she's big strong and smart. By 6 months she had won her AKC trick dog certificate. She can unlock and open the sliding glass door in the family room and let herself out to get a drink or whatever. If she wants to come in, she can open the door from outside too. I just haven't taught her how to close the door. She's the only Burnese we ever had that likes to play ball. If no one is around she will open the door and go get her ball and throw and chase it, then come back in. the last pic is Breezy and my daughter, Joe.

3787.jpeg

3rd litter (2).JPG

20191027_115948_001.jpg

The chap across from me is getting one on Saturday . He is very excited . Obviously its only a pup but when I aksed him why a big dog ( had a collie before ) he said so he can give it a " proper " cuddle ! 😁

5 hours ago, Stubby said:

The chap across from me is getting one on Saturday . He is very excited . Obviously its only a pup but when I aksed him why a big dog ( had a collie before ) he said so he can give it a " proper " cuddle ! 😁

Burnese are giant lap dogs. I had a part time supervisor at work from Lithuania, I was showing pics of Brooke, and she said, "I love dogs, may I see?". I showed her my pics and she started smiling and clapping. She said, " I had one when I was a little girl, it would lay on me!". I said that was proof she had one, they will lay right on top of you, like a big blanket. They are very smart and love to learn. Breezy would get her leash and stand by the door. When we let her out she would run over to her training spot, drop the leash, and set down. Like she was saying class is in. They are big strong dogs, and make great walking companions. But, they are not joggers. When we feed Breezy we say "Place". That's her safe place. She sets on her mat and doesn't move until we say "Yes". That's her release word, then she goes and eats. If you walk out of the room, she still wont eat until you say Yes. Tell your neighbor to teach her something new every day, they love to learn.

• Like 3