ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

1 hour ago, David Cropper said:

Update. First photo shows the puppy and the bitch I wanted in the scrap yard. Second one is of my garage just after bringing the bitch home to see how we get on. I hadn't informed my wife at this stage. I got her settled, groomed her for half an hour, always helps to get a bond forming, and just sat and talked to her. I heard my wife's car coming into the courtyard, went out on my own, then asked her how much do you love me?". Reply was "What have you done?" I said that I'd brought my birthday present home, she'd asked me a week before what I wanted. I said a dog. Anyway, we got to the glass door separating the house from the garage when the dog wandered into view. Total meltdown ensued. I've said before that she's frightened of guard type breeds, thought she might give this one a chance. Not a bit of it, crying ,hyperventilating,  divorce on the cards, off to our daughters house, total breakdown. To make matters worse, I took the dog into the garden, she heard the drama queen crying, sounded like whale music, jumped up to the window to investigate the row, wife saw it, more whale music this time louder, with the cry of "Thats not a dog,  it's a wolf!" Upshot was to save what sanity Moby Dick still had, I phoned my mate to bring her , the dog not the wife, back. Not to worry says he, some else wants her. Divorce put off till next time. When I got back from returning the dog, the wife said that she thought I would have got a terrier or something similar and we could go and choose a pup together. A big sigh from me and the reply of, no thats ok, I don't want one now. Sick as a pig. But the story does have a happy ending. I was cutting logs yesterday in the garden when I saw one of my distant neighbours walking the Malinois bitch on a lead on the road behind my house. They had adopted her, dog saw me and made a big fuss for 2 minutes, then instantly forgot about me. It did make me pleased she's gone to a loving home with people who have had both Malinois and German shepherds before so know what do do. 

20191119_181651.jpg

20191121_153321.jpg

Well written. I laughed.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2019 at 14:03, David Cropper said:

Update. First photo shows the puppy and the bitch I wanted in the scrap yard. Second one is of my garage just after bringing the bitch home to see how we get on. I hadn't informed my wife at this stage. I got her settled, groomed her for half an hour, always helps to get a bond forming, and just sat and talked to her. I heard my wife's car coming into the courtyard, went out on my own, then asked her how much do you love me?". Reply was "What have you done?" I said that I'd brought my birthday present home, she'd asked me a week before what I wanted. I said a dog. Anyway, we got to the glass door separating the house from the garage when the dog wandered into view. Total meltdown ensued. I've said before that she's frightened of guard type breeds, thought she might give this one a chance. Not a bit of it, crying ,hyperventilating,  divorce on the cards, off to our daughters house, total breakdown. To make matters worse, I took the dog into the garden, she heard the drama queen crying, sounded like whale music, jumped up to the window to investigate the row, wife saw it, more whale music this time louder, with the cry of "Thats not a dog,  it's a wolf!" Upshot was to save what sanity Moby Dick still had, I phoned my mate to bring her , the dog not the wife, back. Not to worry says he, some else wants her. Divorce put off till next time. When I got back from returning the dog, the wife said that she thought I would have got a terrier or something similar and we could go and choose a pup together. A big sigh from me and the reply of, no thats ok, I don't want one now. Sick as a pig. But the story does have a happy ending. I was cutting logs yesterday in the garden when I saw one of my distant neighbours walking the Malinois bitch on a lead on the road behind my house. They had adopted her, dog saw me and made a big fuss for 2 minutes, then instantly forgot about me. It did make me pleased she's gone to a loving home with people who have had both Malinois and German shepherds before so know what do do. 

20191119_181651.jpg

20191121_153321.jpg

But dats only a wickle wee-small dog

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...