ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

This is my daughter's Welsh terrier, Buster. He's an absolute killer, horrible little sod. The daughter and family have a 20 hectare carp fishing lake near Limoges,  it's full of ragodin,  coypu.  He's killed about 30, he even swam out into the lake and had one. First one he killed was when he was 10 months old, a fully grown one was under a customer's car and in he went, broke it's neck. He's had fully grown foxes, bit of a struggle but nothing stops him. She's had to fit an electronic collar to stop him running in when it may be dangerous.  The woods they own around the lake are full of wild boar, they would slow him down a bit !

received_1250673518309706.jpeg

I nearly flattened mine a while back .. came damn close , I had just commented how he never gets in the way as well. Also loading up the forwarder he got hit when I  swung a grab full of timber and one log flew out and hit him! , he ran all the way to the truck and hid, was terrified I had broken him but was fine ! Never goes near the crane since.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, David Cropper said:

This is my daughter's Welsh terrier, Buster. He's an absolute killer, horrible little sod. The daughter and family have a 20 hectare carp fishing lake near Limoges,  it's full of ragodin,  coypu.  He's killed about 30, he even swam out into the lake and had one. First one he killed was when he was 10 months old, a fully grown one was under a customer's car and in he went, broke it's neck. He's had fully grown foxes, bit of a struggle but nothing stops him. She's had to fit an electronic collar to stop him running in when it may be dangerous.  The woods they own around the lake are full of wild boar, they would slow him down a bit !

received_1250673518309706.jpeg

Fine looking dog, has he been done? I have a feeling some chasse members might like some of that bloodline.

15 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Fine looking dog, has he been done? I have a feeling some chasse members might like some of that bloodline.

No Mick, he's completely whole. My daughter went down to Dijon, 4 and a half hours away, to get him from a bloke who hunts pig and has bred Welsh specifically for  the Chasse.  The dog really is a monster. I've had terriers before but none like this little swine. He was the top dog of the litter, she has her work cut out. The electric collar really is necessary. He would get his nose down and go, that was it, over the dam wall and into the woods. Lucky he didn't get slotted by the Chasse,  they don't like strays running about.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had a smooth Fox Terrier that was like that, nothing was safe even birds. She used to hide under the shed and bum rush them when they came to the pond for a drink. She never got the hang of squirrels though, thought they disappeared when they went up a tree.

1 hour ago, peatff said:

She never got the hang of squirrels though, thought they disappeared when they went up a tree.

My rottie was worse, she thought they stayed up there. If she chased one up a tree, she'd go and look for it everytime she passed again.

She also learnt where ducks would be around the lake edges, amongst the reeds and under the tree canopies. Once she flushed them out, she'd swim after them. Rotties, apparently, go deaf in water9_9 They can swim, however, for an extraordinarily long time.

Edited by Gary Prentice

We had a smooth Fox Terrier that was like that, nothing was safe even birds. She used to hide under the shed and bum rush them when they came to the pond for a drink. She never got the hang of squirrels though, thought they disappeared when they went up a tree.

I had a smooth coat Fox terrier for 11 years, she would sit emotionless for hours, then along would come a bird! Jeez she was fast! Chickens were its nemesis!
Cracking wee dogs, I've never seen many tbh, she was a gift from an old boy in the village that bread them.

Here's my crew now!
2329e2db0c131febcea96e30490a644a.jpg
  • Like 1