Mercedes Vito Cambelt

Tree Man Tom

Bought my new van this afternoon, a mercedes vito 110cdi with 80,000miles.

The previous owner didnt know when the cambelt was last done and looking back over the service history it dosnt say when it was done either. After reading through the maintenance schedule it dosnt say anything about cambelts at all :confused1:

Anyone know if they have timing chains as appose to belts?

Usually whenever i get a new vehicle it has a service straight away with cambelt being done aswell, but as its not being listed in the maintenance schedule im abit puzzled.

So thought id ask on here before i ring my mechanic tommorow.

Its got timing chain just sold my 04 plate 115 duo liner with 140k on clock for £4700 so yours sound a bargain. I recon only van on road worth having. Hold the rust back or yours will end up like mine. Dont know why mine rusted the garage washed it during its yearly service :lol:

597655873fb7d_vito006.jpg.0c00bd2ac17538ea857a7ff91ec5461e.jpg

Its got timing chain just sold my 04 plate 115 duo liner with 140k on clock for £4700 so yours sound a bargain. I recon only van on road worth having. Hold the rust back or yours will end up like mine. Dont know why mine rusted the garage washed it during its yearly service :lol:

Cheers mate :thumbup1: Im hoping to get the rust sorted in the not to distant future anyways. Whats the best way to stop it getting worse do you think? waxyole the effected areas? :confused1: