cheap labour

dodger

So applying that rationale, assume you'd have no objections at all to a firm setting up down the road from you employing all, lets say, Philipino labour on £5 a day and under cutting every job you quote on? After all, they wouldn't be getting half that money at home..:001_rolleyes:

point taken didnt look at it that way, but what if a firm of english nationals set up down the road and got paid minimum wage and undercut eveery job you quote on?

Not that this is a race issue:thumbup1:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Noone should work for less than minimum wage, doesn't matter where they come from.

There are plenty of jobs around offering minimum wage, but most of them aren't as 'glamorous' as arb.

Dragging all week for £80 or flipping burgers in the warm surrounded by teenage girls? Hmmmm, let me think for a minute...

BTW, if he's an illegal, him, I hope he chips himself.

Edited by John Shutler
language buddy

point taken didnt look at it that way, but what if a firm of english nationals set up down the road and got paid minimum wage and undercut eveery job you quote on?

Not that this is a race issue:thumbup1:

Then thats totally acceptable, not even English nationals but anyone whose legally entitled to work here be they Poles, Irish, Portugese or whatever. If you can find someone prepared to work for the minimum wage in this industry - I don't think many here would!

The important point is that labour laws are there for a reason, and if you'd ever had the misfortune to have been on the wrong side of an unscrupulous employer, you'd realise why.

Like someone said above no one is making him be there he is lucky he has found work and like I said he wont be geting half of that monney at home

yes he more than feel lucky to be earning, but what yous have to remember as more and more firms take on cheap labour and abuse it, it will have a effect on many arborist and thier wages, firms will lower their quotes on jobs and have a major effects on lots of tree firms, its nothing about race, but it is about companys abuseing cheap labour in return effects everyone in the tree games in the future, as most of you will be under cut. then you day some of you will be abused through your wages and then you feel what these poor people going through.

there two major tree companies that are going down this route that i know off,

just have a look at the building game you wont see many uk born working now its all eastern europeans, and this is how the tree work will go in the future,

I think that any major tree firm allowing any unqualified person to cut a tree down are fools be it an english or whatever. In the UK there arnt realy many forgien tree surgeons with the exxception of scandanavia/NZ/AUS etc so my view is if they are going to empoy someone to cut a tree badly then go ahead because they wont be gong far with a bad reputaiton.

just have a look at the building game you wont see many uk born working now its all eastern europeans, and this is how the tree work will go in the future,

Its already happened in the agricultural, horticultural and hospitality industries, so its only a matter of time. Global capitalism depends on the free movement of cheap labour to keep costs down and maximise profit.

Strangely enough, this only tends to happen in so-called 'menial' trades.

Be interesting to apply the same stricture to other industries - banking for instance. Why don't they ever consider importing loads of Indian financiers over here to do our bankers work at a fraction of the cost? Oh no, silly me that could never work, could it? Cant justify enormous bonus's for yourself if someone could do the work for less.:sneaky2:

i did a few weeks with this firm and the immergrants didnt have their tickets but they work their socks off, couple of them had their basic climbing and ground work tickets and they were on £50 to £60 a day and i have to admit they were good climbers and they will do well in the future, but this firm is not going to take on uk born climbers who want £90 to £120 aday . like i said there two major arborist firms going down this route and many other arborist firm will follow to complete with them,

and no they didnt cut a tree badly they were quit good , but the firms are on thin ice with the ones that havent got tickets if theres a bad accident

Its already happened in the agricultural, horticultural and hospitality industries, so its only a matter of time. Global capitalism depends on the free movement of cheap labour to keep costs down and maximise profit.

Strangely enough, this only tends to happen in so-called 'menial' trades.

Be interesting to apply the same stricture to other industries - banking for instance. Why don't they ever consider importing loads of Indian financiers over here to do our bankers work at a fraction of the cost? Oh no, silly me that could never work, could it? Cant justify enormous bonus's for yourself if someone could do the work for less.:sneaky2:

we live in a capitalism world cheap labour make money to these companies and in the same time make the poor poorer