Conservation Conifer tree removals rejected

Chipperclown

33 minutes ago, rapalaman said:

Following with interest as I’ve got similar coming up. Is it better to inform them then? First time I’ve dealt with work in a ca and I’ve got three to sort out this year

I thought ( could be wrong ) that if its in a CA but not got a specific TPO then you inform of intention to do works and if there has been no objection within the specified time ( 6 weeks ? ) then you crack on . please don't take this as gospel  there are others on here who will know the correct procedure . 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I thought ( could be wrong ) that if its in a CA but not got a specific TPO then you inform of intention to do works and if there has been no objection within the specified time ( 6 weeks ? ) then you crack on . please don't take this as gospel  there are others on here who will know the correct procedure . 

This is pretty much spot on. LA can either say nothing, say they don't object, or TPO the trees. If they say nothing after 6 weeks you are free to proceed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Usually, on receipt of a 'notification' (Sect. 211 notice) the LPA (Local Planning Authority - 'the Council") will issue an acknowledgement letter (email) stating a date 6 weeks hence when you can proceed if you've heard nothing more.

In practice, most contractors still contact the Council at 6 weeks asking if it's okay to proceed...this is understandable, and may be maintains good relations with the TO (Tree Officer) but you're not obliged to do so. 

Sorry, going off the OP's message - "if" the Council have refused an application to fell the trees because they are TPO'd (subject to a Tree Preservation Order), within a Conservation Area, then you can 'appeal' the decision to the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) see: 

WWW.GOV.UK

Appeal against a tree preservation or replacement order decision - deadlines, how to appeal and how long it takes to get a decision.

Just now, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Usually, on receipt of a 'notification' (Sect. 211 notice) the LPA (Local Planning Authority - 'the Council") will issue an acknowledgement letter (email) stating a date 6 weeks hence when you can proceed if you've heard nothing more.

In practice, most contractors still contact the Council at 6 weeks asking if it's okay to proceed...this is understandable, and may be maintains good relations with the TO (Tree Officer) but you're not obliged to do so. 

Sorry, going off the OP's message - "if" the Council have refused an application to fell the trees because they are TPO'd (subject to a Tree Preservation Order), within a Conservation Area, then you can 'appeal' the decision to the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) see: 

WWW.GOV.UK

Appeal against a tree preservation or replacement order decision - deadlines, how to appeal and how long it takes to get a decision.

PS decisions to appeal shouldn't be taken lightly AND it can take upto 12 months to determine so often a new application for 'lesser' works is made, i.e. prune rather than fell.