A new business

Ivars

Hey, everyone. Currently setting up my own business- Limited company with a friend. Planning on doing planting jobs, fencing, tubing, tree felling, spraying etc. 

so my question is- what documentations do I need to run a business in forestry? We’re planning on working with other private Limited companies as sub-contractors and also with bigger commercial comapnies. I know I need PL & EL insurances, but is there anything else I would need to get jobs from, for example, Forestry and Land Scotland, like Health and Safety documents and etc? We have all the necessary qualifications/tickets. 
I would appreciate if you could throw in here everything I would need (mostly documentation) so I can get those ready before asking anyone for some work to be done. Located in Scotland, Highlands. Thank you! 

Edited by Ivars

It wouldn’t do you any harm to have a health and safety policy also documentation for loler,puwer and a training matrix, bigger companies will ask for these,might also be idea to have risk and method statements made out for common jobs and a form to make them site specific you will also be asked for these at tender stage 

maybe a business bank account 

2 hours ago, dumper said:

It wouldn’t do you any harm to have a health and safety policy also documentation for loler,puwer and a training matrix, bigger companies will ask for these,might also be idea to have risk and method statements made out for common jobs and a form to make them site specific you will also be asked for these at tender stage 

maybe a business bank account 

We have a business bank account, so we’re good in that field. 

All the documentation you mentioned- is it   the same for all companies (can you copy-paste them from others) or are they made specifically for each company?

5 minutes ago, Ivars said:

We have a business bank account, so we’re good in that field. 

All the documentation you mentioned- is it   the same for all companies (can you copy-paste them from others) or are they made specifically for each company?

Are you rushing in here, eyes wide shut?

If ur meaning or un a planting gang do u not need a gang master or slave trader ticket or something like that?

I though t it was brought in to stop folk running big gangs of illegals .

To be fair i think it was after the cockle pickers at morecombe bay to try and keep track of gaffers and there gangs, nowadays with needing +F i doubt just as many illegals at it.

I dooubt they're will be much any loler unless there meaning to climb trees, most of the gangs i know of doing work like that tend to be more scrub bashing.

U'd be as well speaking to a gaffer in 1 of the forestry companies u want to tender for, some  of the bigger ask u quite a lot of questions and have heard of it costing thousands to get on there tender lists ( and thats not even the FC)

Are FC not all 5 year tenders for planting/beating up etc?

Mibbee different in different districts but locally usually a 5 year tender and u then have all the work for the 5 years