Best place for oil online

Donnie

8 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

I have never bought any less than 100ltrs of chain oil or 5ltrs of 2 stroke oil for many years now, just find it so much easier to by in bulk and try to get a better deal on it even if i have to buy more than i want to get the deal, cant be doing with running about for small amounts of chain oil /2 stroke oil, when we get to last 25ltr drum of chain oil i just order more,

Depends what you're doing though, domestic tree surgery I can quite often use about a cupful in a day trimming bits and pieces. 100 litres would last me years.

I used to get all mine from L&S as they did a multibuy discount on more than 4 cans which made buying 5l cans cheaper than a 20, but they've stopped that now.

• Like 1

I'll admit that I have looked at buying a drum of oil, whenever and wherever I've looked it's worked out more expensive or considerably more expensive per litre than. 20/25.

Whilst I would go direct, I can't understand how they can charge more Vs their eBay shop and all those fees.

22 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

I have never bought any less than 100ltrs of chain oil or 5ltrs of 2 stroke oil for many years now, just find it so much easier to by in bulk and try to get a better deal on it even if i have to buy more than i want to get the deal, cant be doing with running about for small amounts of chain oil /2 stroke oil, when we get to last 25ltr drum of chain oil i just order more,

Bang on! Same here

• Like 1

I buy a online, a couple of 5l bottles of Oregon oil at a time.

Chainsaw Chain and Guide Bar Oil, 5 Litre Bottle (90300) https://amzn.eu/d/hd69DoF

Yes its probably expensive but I simply like the bottles as they have a narrow spout that is ideal for pouring directly into the saw. I sometimes even refill them from bigger barrels of chain oil

I currently dont have a good combi can (I am meaning to rectify this!)

If you want 5l containers then Screwfix are good with the Oregon chain oil. Most stores have at least one in stock all the time.

Personally Ive been using the husky chain oil in the 20l can. It has a little vent in the can that makes pouring easy. If you want bio oil then you can't beat Clark's bio tack

On bio oil, I've got fifteen or twenty litres of blue/green stuff in the shed that I'm never going to use. Anyone near Newcastle upon Tyne welcome to collect. Free or a bottle of cheap red wine if you felt inclined.

• Like 2