A perfect lunch!

difflock

Lamb steaks outta Tescos(bought heavily reduced a week ago) fried in olive oil, onions, various spices aka Currey powder, cumin, garamasala, turmic, mucho juniper berries, and fresh apricots added at the end, served with perfectly boiled Red Rooster potatoes(my gig)

For a fresh curry, astoundingly good.

Especially after a bottle of Whitewater larger and then some decent Cab Sauv.

I also chopped the onions btw!

IMG_20220807_153218483_MP.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A fish pie today(one of my favourite dishes btw.)

Started with a bed of leeks sauteed in butter, some leftover peas, baby sweetcorn, fresh parsley, a generous application of lemon juice, home made basil pesto, and fish, of course, with the uncooked  prawns added for the last few minutes.

Superb!

Especially after a pint of excellent Guinness on the way home from Tesco's as an aperitif, with a bottle of Aspalls cyder to wash the food down.

Att Billhook!

The dogs dinner was heavily reduced Scotch eggs( at 16p each), certainly cheaper than reputable dog snacks, let alone some proprietary dog foods. So a Sunday treat for them as well.

IMG_20220814_161157084.jpg

IMG_20220814_161054602.jpg

IMG_20220814_161042144.jpg

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2

On 07/08/2022 at 15:45, difflock said:

Lamb steaks outta Tescos(bought heavily reduced a week ago) fried in olive oil, onions, various spices aka Currey powder, cumin, garamasala, turmic, mucho juniper berries, and fresh apricots added at the end, served with perfectly boiled Red Rooster potatoes(my gig)

For a fresh curry, astoundingly good.

Especially after a bottle of Whitewater larger and then some decent Cab Sauv.

I also chopped the onions btw!

IMG_20220807_153218483_MP.jpg

Almost identical to my recipe with the exception of ginger and greek yoghurt added into the slow cooker

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, difflock said:

A fish pie today(one of my favourite dishes btw.)

Started with a bed of leeks sauteed in butter, some leftover peas, baby sweetcorn, fresh parsley, a generous application of lemon juice, home made basil pesto, and fish, of course, with the uncooked  prawns added for the last few minutes.

Superb!

Especially after a pint of excellent Guinness on the way home from Tesco's as an aperitif, with a bottle of Aspalls cyder to wash the food down.

Att Billhook!

The dogs dinner was heavily reduced Scotch eggs( at 16p each), certainly cheaper than reputable dog snacks, let alone some proprietary dog foods. So a Sunday treat for them as well.

IMG_20220814_161157084.jpg

IMG_20220814_161054602.jpg

IMG_20220814_161042144.jpg

You do have some good lunches don't you? Very good. Are you a main meal in the middle of the day type guy?

Aspalls is quality cider btw.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

You do have some good lunches don't you? Very good. Are you a main meal in the middle of the day type guy?

Aspalls is quality cider btw.

We, being retired, have a proper breakfast, always with toasted home made bread, with perhaps sardines/bananas/ pate/cheese/salami, or sometimes peanut butter/jam/ honey etc.

Then a latish lunch, mostly home cooked, or often recycled leftovers, or a selection of cold stuff/ salad, and that's it for the day.

Supplemented, for me, by an odd Guinness of course, mostly after a cycle.

Apart from the wife's bread, I/we eat virtually no other carbohydrates, and, even then only the one thick slice of toast for breakfast.

Nor do we eat much meat, of any sort.

Feeling much better for it too.

Cheers.

Mth

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, difflock said:

We, being retired, have a proper breakfast, always with toasted home made bread, with perhaps sardines/bananas/ pate/cheese/salami, or sometimes peanut butter/jam/ honey etc.

Then a latish lunch, mostly home cooked, or often recycled leftovers, or a selection of cold stuff/ salad, and that's it for the day.

Apart from the wife's bread, I/we eat virtually no other carbohydrates, and, even then only the one thick slice of toast for breakfast.

Cheers.

Mth

Sufficient time is the key here I reckon, e.g. retirement for one. I think I'd gravitate towards a proper civilised mid-day meal as the principal one if I had enough of it. Working a standard week I struggle to take more than 30mins and not much more at weekends as I'm rushing to catch up on things. I'm happy if I can chow down a couple of sandwiches; cheese and pickle and jam or peanut plus some fruit. Homemade bread so always pretty substantial.

Anyway, BBQ for dinner here this evening, making the most of the excessively summery summer;-  Lamb chops, chicken wings, salmon, sea Bream, sweetcorn, aubergine, peppers and potatoes. She got rather carried away with the preparation!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, difflock said:

Nor do we eat much meat, of any sort.

Cheers.

Mth

I think that we need pictures of your waistline with constant updates!

Much improved presentation though!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1