Sachs Dolmar KMS-4

rarefish383

Thanks, they are pretty mythical over her too. I went over my friends house to take down a couple dead Ash trees. I showed his land lord pics of my collection. Frank is turning 91 this year. He said he had a saw in his shop with no piston. My first thought was he blew up a cheap Wild Thing and needed a piston. Then he asked if I ever heard of a Sachs Dolmar, I instantly wet my pants. That was two years ago. I had lunch with my friend last week and Frank was sitting on the porch reading. I asked what he wanted for the Sachs and he said take, it was too heavy to use. So, I gave him $100. He’s an eccentric old guy. He has all kinds of cool stuff laying around his property. My friend asked if I saw the old car in the woods? No, so I went and looked. Frank bought the car new in the 60’s, drove it for years, put about 300,000 miles on it. One day he parked it and never drove it again. Turned out it was an ISO Revolta with a 427 Chevy engine in it. He has stuff like that all over his property.

• Thanks 1

I worked for a dealer who sold Dolmar, we sold a couple, they were not the most reliable thing, I remember changing the main beatings a couple of times, the rollers worn square, you take them apart and it looks like peace’s of broken piston ring on the rotor, they also ran so bloody hot, I still want one now, or the twin cylinder Echo.

• Like 1