Carb screwdriver? Titan

mikerecike

9 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Blimey, that's a new one on me and I have a set of ten different types of adjuster. You may be able to get a bit of plastic tubing on it to turn it out. I once used the insulator off a crimp electrical connector.

The splined adjuster may fit it and that round hole may be just for indication but reckon not.

Other than that, you could cut a slot in it with a dremel diamond cut off disk which may be messy unless you can get it out or you could open that little hole out and use the PAC man adjuster as long as the diameter is correct. 

The crimp connector is a good shout, I've done that before as well👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

Personally not seen that one before either, at the point you're at most would bin the machine and buy another which is exactly what 'they' want, all machines need adjusted after a certain amount of use and again they know that.. imo.

From that pic you have several options that come to mind.. perhaps the easiest way to get it out could be to try a pair circlip pliers as the hole is eccentric, or maybe a very small easyout or failing that what about 'very carefully' super gluing a pin / nail in the hole and using a pair of pliers.. anyway once it's out carefully put a slot in it with a dremel or a junior hacksaw blade, good luck.

PS. acetone dissolves CA glue. 👍 

All good suggestions - thankyou MacPherson - appreciated 

47 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Blimey, that's a new one on me and I have a set of ten different types of adjuster. You may be able to get a bit of plastic tubing on it to turn it out. I once used the insulator off a crimp electrical connector.

The splined adjuster may fit it and that round hole may be just for indication but reckon not.

Other than that, you could cut a slot in it with a dremel diamond cut off disk which may be messy unless you can get it out or you could open that little hole out and use the PAC man adjuster as long as the diameter is correct. 

Yep new to me too. The circumference fits a couple of carb screwdrivers I have but the hole does not.At first I thought it was like one of those EPA plastic obstructor caps but scratched it & it's all metal. Onwards .... 👍

2 hours ago, adw said:

Started to see this more.

Adjuster.PNG

Aye, thanks for the link, at least LS only want a fiver for it whereas Husky want 15 and an arf  AU dollars from the nearest place that seems to have one in stock in NSW  👎

If that Chinese piece of machinery was on my bench, I'd have that out and slotted in jig time, there really isn't any reason to Kowtow to a regime that tries to stop you doing basic simple and always needed adjustments.. from the 1st pics it would seem to be a 25cc 4 in 1 at £179 so not worth asking anyone professional to look at... although I've fixed dozens of these free of charge for friends and neighbours who also unfortunately continually buy crap for some reason😁.. no offence to the op.

To put this into context, I first came across anti-tamper screws on basic stuff around 30+ years ago when trying to change a number plate bulb on a Rover car... I encountered rusted in screws headed with a triangular hole [ as if it wasn't awkward enough ] so I've zero respect for this practice when it's used needlessly in a wrong non critical application.

cheers

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Might be my imagination but it looks like the brass screw in first picture also has a tiny hole, offset from centreline (you need to enlarge picture to see) - meaning it's adjustable with the right tool.

In my first post I said pretty similar......

"The first photo, sometimes but not always, there is a plastic or soft rubber tiny bung in the brass bit and if you prize this out, there will be a screw underneath which is actually the top of the barrel needle and you can richen the low speed running by undoing it a little. "

No disrespect......even my wife has problems keeping up with me, even after 30 years😉