Woodlice in house

Donnie

15 minutes ago, JDon said:

Probably not the right place to post this but not sure where else. I keep finding what look like woodlice in my home dotted around the downstairs bedrooms etc. Was wondering if anyone here has ever had them and how they got rid of them? 

75980594-91D2-4A00-A8E5-385711FB9E85.jpeg

I get loads in my front porch.  In fact I have even found woodlice spiders in my house - a striking red spider that feeds on nothing else!

Woodlice like damp conditions and especially damp wood so to really get rid of them you need to eliminate all damp especially behind skirting boards.  Damp in the wall behind a skirting is like woodlouse heaven.

I get the odd slug as well, despite spending thirteen years gradually removing all the places where I have found that they can get in.  I think they have the ability to pass through solid masonry.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Squaredy said:

They are quite cute really….

I'm a bit sectarian with spiders, I'm fine with some and slightly arachnophobic with others... also after many years of wondering I managed to identify spider bites as one of the things that give me a big itchy lump.. caught it in the act but the strike was so fast it was hardly visible👍

Edited by Macpherson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Squaredy said:

I get the odd slug as well, despite spending thirteen years gradually removing all the places where I have found that they can get in.  I think they have the ability to pass through solid masonry.

I have the same issue, I think I need to dig up my Hallway and get a membrane and insulation down. 

We get loads of spiders all types  slugs moths its like a jungle some nights but having lived on traveller sites in buses ,showmans carsvans not that arsed ,but the first time we had a May Bug in our caravan that did my head in had never seen one before and they are quite big and make an odd noise