Anyone had problems with Skyland's???

john87

This is good one...

Earlier today i ordered an item off Ebay. Turns out the seller was/is Skyland's

Anyway, the delivery address is the Receipt & Distribution stores at the  hospital where i work. We take in anything from controlled drugs to CT scanners. Anyway, i sent the seller these delivery instructions..

Hi there,

Our stores are open from Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. All deliveries MUST be received by our stores staff and not just left. We have had a lot of problems with couriers leaving things in other parts of the hospital where they WILL BE LOST OR STOLEN as we are a VERY big NHS hospital..

When i got in earlier i had received this message..

Hi
In regards to the delivery instructions we cannot guarantee that the courier will only hand the item over to one of your staff. Do you have an alternative address that we can ship it to?
Regards
Mark

I sent back:

Hi There. Who do you use for deliveries?? We have MANY deliveries a day. The only time we have hassle is when people use muppets like hermes who attempt to deliver on the weekend and stuff like that.. So long as it is someone reputable, there should be no problem..

john..

WTF??? I do not know what to do now.. Fact one, as a business seller they are obliged BY LAW to get the item to me, so to be honest it is not my problem..

Secondly, i wonder what the response would be from Skylands if they placed an order with one of THEIR suppliers only to be told that it could not be guaranteed that the goods would be given to one of their staff, therefore implying that "They might just turn up on sunday afternoon and leave it outside" Wonder what Skylands would have to say about that??

Comments???

john..

1. When i placed the order i was not made aware that there would be problems with having the stuff delivered during working hours.

2. So i take it that you all think it unreasonable that deliveries to a business are made during business hours???

So, if one of you lot ordered an item then, you would think it perfectly reasonable if it were to be dumped out in the street??

Here is what the citizens advice people say;

"If you bought something from a business to be delivered, it's the seller's responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to you. If the seller used a courier, they should chase the courier to find out what's happened to your order - it's not your responsibility. Check the delivery address you gave the seller."

But there we are, the law of the land means nothing and i am unreasonable and "entitled" The bold type by the way, was used BY THE CITIZENS ADVICE PEOPLE, not me..

oh well..

john..

• Haha 1

When I recently ‘accidentally’ purchased an item from Skylands that they had sold on their website in error, Mark emailed me, and later called me in person to discuss the ins and outs of the issue.

You couldn’t have asked for a more polite, constructive and reasonable person.

It was easy to come to a solution that suited us both. 

Mark acted as if his priority was to see the customer right, which was impressive as it was my first ever transaction with them.  No rushing, no pressure.

Based on this limited experience, I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, john87 said:

1. When i placed the order i was not made aware that there would be problems with having the stuff delivered during working hours.

2. So i take it that you all think it unreasonable that deliveries to a business are made during business hours???

So, if one of you lot ordered an item then, you would think it perfectly reasonable if it were to be dumped out in the street??

Here is what the citizens advice people say;

"If you bought something from a business to be delivered, it's the seller's responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to you. If the seller used a courier, they should chase the courier to find out what's happened to your order - it's not your responsibility. Check the delivery address you gave the seller."

But there we are, the law of the land means nothing and i am unreasonable and "entitled" The bold type by the way, was used BY THE CITIZENS ADVICE PEOPLE, not me..

oh well..

john..

Come on Karen, they don’t hand deliver stuff, don’t be so naive. They, or any other supplier can’t guarantee what a separate delivery company will or will not do. 

• Like 1