Anyone had problems with Skyland's???

john87

44 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

Stay safe. It's easy to make a mistake on a roof, especially when it's bloody hot. 

It was not fun... I am not one of them people that are naturally good with heights. Up a tree i do not mind as i trust the gear, but just standing on a roof i do not like at all especially as it is about 26 foot high.. Not much more and i can just revert to climbing the tree and taking it down in bits..

john..

1 hour ago, john87 said:

It was not fun... I am not one of them people that are naturally good with heights. Up a tree i do not mind as i trust the gear, but just standing on a roof i do not like at all especially as it is about 26 foot high.. Not much more and i can just revert to climbing the tree and taking it down in bits..

john..

Try not to kill yourself; if you do the HSE will have it down as a treework fatality and we'll be discussing climbing on 3 ropes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

Hope it isn't Kings Lynn Hospital....I gather the roof isn't the strongest judging by the amount of acrows holding it up!

Under all our corridors are service ducts. They are about 8 feet wide and 6 feet high so you can walk through them without too much effort. The whole lot is propped up on 6" square timbers complete with folding wedges. It is like being down a coal mine!!

john..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, john87 said:

Under all our corridors are service ducts. They are about 8 feet wide and 6 feet high so you can walk through them without too much effort. The whole lot is propped up on 6" square timbers complete with folding wedges. It is like being down a coal mine!!

john..

pics or more details?

like why is it propped up with timbers and folding wedges?

11 hours ago, difflock said:

pics or more details?

like why is it propped up with timbers and folding wedges?

Ok, i will try to get some!!! Someone decided that the corridors were subsiding, i cannot see any sign though. Most likely just the NHS being ripped off..

Biggest problem is that i cannot remember when it was done.. I first went down there back in about 1978 and I cannot remember if the props were there then.

I CAN remember someone showing me folding wedges and explaining what they were for, and the only place i can think that could possibly have been would be the hospital.. In them days there was no proper lighting arrangement in the ducts and they were black and bogging. Now most of the pipework has been stripped out and the ducts painted white with fire doors every so often.. i will get a photo and post it on here!!

Here is the boiler house in about 1975..

john..

1.JPG

• Like 4