Anyone had problems with Skyland's???

john87

52 minutes ago, Steven1210 said:

Jesus christ.

8 pages of shite because a delivery could be done for x y and z.

John

Welcome to the world.  If its so very important, go buy it yourself.

Otherwise, get to aldi, use one of the self checkout, post a video on YouTube.

You would likely make millions.

Your a ****************ing moron pal.

How does **************** you sound imbecile??

john..

• Haha 1

I've never been in a secure hospital, are you allowed visitors?

If so, could you get the item delivered to a relative's house, and they bring it in to you when they're next visiting you John?

Get well soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Ok that's a lot of information to digest but I will do my best to clear up some issues and concerns.

I knew nothing about the potential problem with delivery until the order was placed which requires a payment to be made so I cant really do anything about the situation unless I know before hand. Missing parcels are an absolute nightmare, the customer is upset which is entirely understandable and it sucks up a lot of time with emails back and forth, phone calls back and forth and numerous amounts of time sometimes hours wasted on the phone on hold with couriers. The end result is usually us being well out of pocket which is why we try to avoid or should I say reduce the chances of it happening in the first place. We would have used royal mail in this instance and we would have requested a signature on delivery but there is no way I could guarantee that the courier would only give the parcel to the stores department as I have no clue on the layout and operations of the hospital. For all I know the courier would just hand it into reception. TBH since it was a business address if the parcel had gone missing as in someone took the parcel but didn't pass it on to your department but it had been signed for you probably wouldn't have received any kind of refund from PayPal which would not have been a good scenario for either of us. 

I thought that it would be best to send it to a residential or an alternative address as per your previous order since it seems that you have had a lot of issues with items being misplaced and stolen at the Hospital address, I understand that it might not be ideal but it would have been a better option IMO given the circumstances.

Once a parcel has left our premises we have basically zero control of what happens after that. Ive tried to stop parcels that have been purchased with a stolen card, shipped out to an old address where the customer forgot to update their information or just plainly provided an undeliverable location (bad postcode etc) usually with poor results that end up costing us. We use reputable couriers but every courier has issues at some stage, you should see the grief that we have had over the last two years with missing parcels, parcels left outside our shop on Sundays parcels delivered to other dealers and other endless issues all sent by big manufactures using all big name couriers. As I said earlier its a nightmare we can all do without.

I hope that I have covered the main issues and I hope that I haven't caused an offence as the last thing I or anyone wants is to loose business. I have processed a refund for your order as requested but the way that ebay integrates to our web store isn't great (ebay issues not our web store) so if there are any issues please don't hesitate to contact me, or start a new thread as it is great advertising. :) 

JK BTW I hope that you manage to source your item without any issues.

Thanks to all for your kind words, we all cock up from time to time but we do try our best to resolve any issues.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your help. Royal mail deliver to the stores twice a day usually, and then come back later to collect outgoing mail. They know how it works there and so are unlikely to mess up, BUT, it is obviously far from impossible.

So far as i know, most of the items that just get dumped, are delivered by people "moonlighting" as couriers, so Hermes and the like i presume. Usually it is stuff that patients have ordered that gets dumped, but NHS stuff gets dumped too, packages that may cost tens of thousands of pounds.. It is rare though, as most of the stuff is repeat orders and the firms involved presumably do not want procurement to drop them, so i would assume they have threatened the couriers with god knows what.. We have stuff damaged sometimes too..

Problem for internet sellers is that due to the way the law operates now [that i have tried to explain on here but a fair few members seem too dim to be able to comprehend the law and think i am "making it up"] is that a business seller is deemed to be SOLELY responsible for delivery, whether or not a third party actually does the "delivering" being deemed entirely irrelevant.

So, if a courier loses something [which is obviously beyond your control] it is still you that is going to lose out, not only the item, but the postage too. Proof that you posted it means nothing..

If you take payment by paypal this will automatically happen. Paypal will simply take the purchase price and the postage out of your bank.

Add to this the host of other paypal scams and life for a business selling on the internet must not be much fun... You must see paypal scams all the time..

I sell a few things privately, but only take bank transfer as i know the risks involved..

That is why whenever i order things, i send the seller the delivery instructions, so at least the seller knows what they are getting into. There was one firm, i forget who, that printed them out in large bold type and attached them to the package. Thing arrived anyway..

As a business seller you cannot win though.. Stuff you send out goes missing and you lose out in a big way, but when a delivery to YOU is dumped out in the road and lost, there is nothing you can do.. Like you said a nightmare you could very well do with out.

Advising me that you could not guarantee delivery took me by surprise a bit [never had it before] but it was entirely proper of you, so all good there..

Anyway, sorry for the hassle. As you say, we all cock up from time to time and i am not immune from that myself!!

Thanks for taking the time to post though. Someone with your attitude and approach deserves to do well, and i mean that whole heartedly..

So, thank you for being a star basically!!

john..

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, scbk said:

I've never been in a secure hospital, are you allowed visitors?

If so, could you get the item delivered to a relative's house, and they bring it in to you when they're next visiting you John?

Get well soon.

Got to say, i had to laugh!!

john..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!.

2. Always listen to a quiet man.

In other words, cut down on the civil service style waffle. Be a man and say you were being a tit and we're more likely to cut you a little slack and move on.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, GarethM said:

1. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!.

2. Always listen to a quiet man.

In other words, cut down on the civil service style waffle. Be a man and say you were being a tit and we're more likely to cut you a little slack and move on.

Ok, sorry if i was being a bit of a tit. I will move on as you say..

Off to stuff yesterdays efforts through a chipper now..

john..

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Retired Climber said:

Fair play. Don't work too hard with the chipper, it's a bit bloody warm out already.

I know. I spent half of yesterday up on the hospital roof with a set of pruning poles. Was not much fun!!

john..