Anyone had problems with Skyland's???

john87

56 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Or be an adult, ring them and ask to pay for a timed delivery with royal mail.

Instead of trying to slander and annoy what appears to be a bunch of customers who have slightly realistic expectations of a courier service.

Whoa whoa whoa...

I never slandered ANYONE. I have not said a bad would about Skyland's and nor would i.. I came on here for advice really then discovered a load of argumentative persons that seemingly cannot understand that the onus is on the vendor to deliver the item and not for the buyer to go chasing couriers...

FOR THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT. I am not saying that Skyland's have done anything wrong at all. I was surprised, as i have never had this before, BUT, they acted quite properly in stating that;

"Hi, In regards to the delivery instructions we cannot guarantee that the courier will only hand the item over to one of your staff. Do you have an alternative address that we can ship it to?

Regards
Mark

This is VASTLY better than sending stuff out not caring whether it gets there or not..

So NEVER try saying i slagged off Skylands as i did not..

On the subject of couriers they have a contractual legal responsibility to the SELLER [it is nothing to do with the buyer] to deliver the stuff, and that includes following the delivery instructions given to them, INCLUDING handing stuff into the stores and not merely dumping it on the road outside where this is specified.. That, is legal FACT.

john..

• Confused 2

So you're now going to have a semantic arguement about your levels of bitching about skylands and whether or not it crosses the line of slander?.

We've all offered simple solutions to which you've kept on quoting consumer rights, if you were my customer I'd have refused and refunded.

All whilst you're using varying font sizes, which in internet speak is normal talking, to slightly larger shouting to cut and paste yelling like a crazy person?.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 3

The thread title suggests you are having issues with them, your early posts suggest you think they are causing you problems whilst breaking the law, I’d say you are definitely slandering them here (even though you now appear to be backtracking as everyone clearly thinks you are the problem, not them). 
Internet muppetry…

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, john87 said:

Whoa whoa whoa...

I never slandered ANYONE. I have not said a bad would about Skyland's and nor would i.. I came on here for advice really then discovered a load of argumentative persons that seemingly cannot understand that the onus is on the vendor to deliver the item and not for the buyer to go chasing couriers...

FOR THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT. I am not saying that Skyland's have done anything wrong at all. I was surprised, as i have never had this before, BUT, they acted quite properly in stating that;

"Hi, In regards to the delivery instructions we cannot guarantee that the courier will only hand the item over to one of your staff. Do you have an alternative address that we can ship it to?

Regards
Mark

This is VASTLY better than sending stuff out not caring whether it gets there or not..

So NEVER try saying i slagged off Skylands as i did not..

On the subject of couriers they have a contractual legal responsibility to the SELLER [it is nothing to do with the buyer] to deliver the stuff, and that includes following the delivery instructions given to them, INCLUDING handing stuff into the stores and not merely dumping it on the road outside where this is specified.. That, is legal FACT.

john..

If you back pedal any harder you'll fall off your bike. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3