Anyone had problems with Skyland's???

john87

From my POV, Mark Skyland is often on this site helping out others with their equipment issues. His helpful posts are always to the point...unlike my often acerbic humour....and think this is probably reflective on Mark, the business and staff. 

He doesn't push his business on the site but obviously just lets it float....we know where he is if we need him!

I have used Skylands for the odd Echo part and they arrive exactly as they should.

I would think if there was an issue, it would be dealt with in a positive manner from the fact that he is spending his own time assisting people he doesn't know ....same as I do.....I think that is a sign of the character and person behind the business!

I hope you get this sorted and soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, john87 said:

No, that is the law now.. Here is a quote from the act itself. By the way, this act is the basis that enables paypal to AUTOMATICALLY refund a buyer, [and take the money back off the seller] UNLESS, the seller has signed PROOF of delivery.. Not really fair to sellers, but that is the law now, for better or worse..

Anyway, the act..

Delivery of goods

(1)This section applies to any sales contract.

(2)Unless the trader and the consumer have agreed otherwise, the contract is to be treated as including a term that the trader must deliver the goods to the consumer.

(3)Unless there is an agreed time or period, the contract is to be treated as including a term that the trader must deliver the goods—

(a)without undue delay, and

(b)in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.

(4)In this section—

(a)an “agreed” time or period means a time or period agreed by the trader and the consumer for delivery of the goods;

(b)if there is an obligation to deliver the goods at the time the contract is entered into, that time counts as the “agreed” time.

(5)Subsections (6) and (7) apply if the trader does not deliver the goods in accordance with subsection (3) or at the agreed time or within the agreed period.

(6)If the circumstances are that—

(a)the trader has refused to deliver the goods,

(b)delivery of the goods at the agreed time or within the agreed period is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the contract was entered into, or

(c)the consumer told the trader before the contract was entered into that delivery in accordance with subsection (3), or at the agreed time or within the agreed period, was essential,

then the consumer may treat the contract as at an end.

And, THAT, is the law.. Great if you are a buyer, totally crap if you are a seller..

john..

John. 

You are basing most of your arguments on a misunderstanding of the law and how it works, but lets completely ignore that. For the sake of this thread, lets presume that you are (legally) 100% right. 

What are you actually gaining form being right? Skyland have a product you want, and you need to work with them to work out how to get it to you. Their couriers can't really work with the delivery window you propose, so find another way. 

You are right, businesses selling to consumers on the internet are easy to screw over, as all the protection is for the consumer. However, using these rights doesn't get you the product. 

My advice is to stop acting like a little b!tch, and just accept that it would be better for everyone concerned if you picked up the phone and worked out the best way for Skyland to get the product to you. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JLA1990 said:

Can you link these? 

Nothing I love more than reading some big butch men swinging handbags online 🤣

🙏🏻 No.  It is a quest you should undertake for yourself 🙏🏻

TBH they should show up easily enough in the search function ( except maybe the wood chipper one- I think that one’s title was something to do with Lazy Staff’).

There was also a classic that debated whether tree cutters were superior to grass cutters as well…. That went on a bit.

5 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

It's embarrassing really; the only time this forum is busy is when there is an argument of some description kicking off. 

Be not ashamed… These legends were scribed long before new bloods such as yourself  breezed in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Bolt said:

🙏🏻 No.  It is a quest you should undertake for yourself 🙏🏻

TBH they should show up easily enough in the search function ( except maybe the wood chipper one- I think that one’s title was something to do with Lazy Staff’).

There was also a classic that debated whether tree cutters were superior to grass cutters as well…. That went on a bit.

Haha the path is long… 

This site is incredibly serendipitous and the arguments are the extra jewels.

• Like 1