Anyone had problems with Skyland's???

john87

11 minutes ago, john87 said:

You are now going to say "how do the patients get there then"

This statement tells me all I need to know... you have no idea what I'm going to say, I presume you've assumed what I'm going to say. Let's face it, not one person this evening has agreed with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For anyone who has had the patience to read this sad diatribe and is wondering what the craic is, here’s how it really is.

Skyland are the best arb company I have ever dealt with.

I go back to to the days of catalogues, dealing with the lovely Penny at A&F, Charterhouse Richmond etc.

Jonesies are great, Honeys are great, and Gustharts are fantastic, but Skyland’s are my go-to now simply because of their customer service.

I am in no way connected to the company, but I won’t stand back and hear them trashed like this.

Problems happen Jonn, you always come across as quite a reasonable guy, there are always solutions.

Mark, Barry and Chris are pretty approachable guys, they’re just not salesmen. 

Mark and Barry worked at the hard end of arb climbing for years, they aren’t some ponces who set up a successful arb shop with Daddy’s money.

Just be careful who you have a pop at on a public forum John.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

This statement tells me all I need to know... you have no idea what I'm going to say, I presume you've assumed what I'm going to say. Let's face it, not one person this evening has agreed with you.

First off; Do you thnk i really care?? At the end of the day they would all be the very first to go potty if THEY had paid for something up front and then [later on] got told by the vendors that they could not guarantee delivery..

Secondly; why would i care if a load of individuals on an internet forum do not agree with me. The law of the land does though, but nobody seems to be able to grasp this.. This says more about them than me..

You know, on this forum i have learnt a lot. Lots of members i have a HUGE respect for, but as in any walk of life, there are some right muppets too, that think they know it all.. Nobody knows everything.. [not even you]

john..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, john87 said:

First off; Do you thnk i really care?? At the end of the day they would all be the very first to go potty if THEY had paid for something up front and then [later on] got told by the vendors that they could not guarantee delivery..

Secondly; why would i care if a load of individuals on an internet forum do not agree with me. The law of the land does though, but nobody seems to be able to grasp this.. This says more about them than me..

You know, on this forum i have learnt a lot. Lots of members i have a HUGE respect for, but as in any walk of life, there are some right muppets too, that think they know it all.. Nobody knows everything.. [not even you]

john..

You are making a fool of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, john87 said:

Secondly; why would i care if a load of individuals on an internet forum do not agree with me. The law of the land does though.

Maybe you should look at the Sale of Goods Act or distance selling regulations, and not a page on citizen's advice titled "If something you ordered hasn't arrived"

Here's a relevant section for you:

"The goods must be delivered within a reasonable time (section 29(3), SGA) and at a "reasonable hour" (section 29(6), SGA), to be determined with reference to relevant industry practices."

And..

"English law does not impose any requirements regarding the method or place of delivery of goods."

It's not quite as simpleas you've ordered it so they have to do anything to get it to you. The courier will make reasonable effort to deliver. But if your end can't accept the delivery it'll be RTS and you have to pay to redelivery as they've already attempted.

Hopefully they see this and cancel your order instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

For anyone who has had the patience to read this sad diatribe and is wondering what the craic is, here’s how it really is.

Skyland are the best arb company I have ever dealt with.

I go back to to the days of catalogues, dealing with the lovely Penny at A&F, Charterhouse Richmond etc.

Jonesies are great, Honeys are great, and Gustharts are fantastic, but Skyland’s are my go-to now simply because of their customer service.

I am in no way connected to the company, but I won’t stand back and hear them trashed like this.

Problems happen Jonn, you always come across as quite a reasonable guy, there are always solutions.

Mark, Barry and Chris are pretty approachable guys, they’re just not salesmen. 

Mark and Barry worked at the hard end of arb climbing for years, they aren’t some ponces who set up a successful arb shop with Daddy’s money.

Just be careful who you have a pop at on a public forum John.

I have not had a pop at anyone so sorry if it seemed like that, as that was not my intention at all, i was just asking others their opinion or views. It was only AFTER i placed the order that i realised that it was Skylands at all, as they trade under a different name on Ebay.

I have no doubt that the Skyland people are great. Ok, things went a little wrong with my order, that is life, but that can all be sorted out, hardly a matter of life and death now is it..

I have dealt with Honey brothers and they were ok, Gustharts, i have had a lot of them and they are fantastic as you say, super reliable and seemingly a huge stock of everything..

john..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Maybe you should look at the Sale of Goods Act or distance selling regulations, and not a page on citizen's advice titled "If something you ordered hasn't arrived"

Here's a relevant section for you:

"The goods must be delivered within a reasonable time (section 29(3), SGA) and at a "reasonable hour" (section 29(6), SGA), to be determined with reference to relevant industry practices."

And..

"English law does not impose any requirements regarding the method or place of delivery of goods."

It's not quite as simpleas you've ordered it so they have to do anything to get it to you. The courier will make reasonable effort to deliver. But if your end can't accept the delivery it'll be RTS and you have to pay to redelivery as they've already attempted.

Hopefully they see this and cancel your order instead.

You know the sale of goods act was repealed some years ago so what you have copied and pasted is all wrong??

john..

6 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Apology accepted John.

I’ll pass it on to Skyland next time I deal with them.

I have absolutely no problem at all with them. It was only some weeks ago that Mark replied to some post i had written about Echo bits, kindly informing me that they were Echo dealers and was there anything they could do to help. To be honest i would have liked to go and have a look see what they got there, especially as i might buy a new Echo saw some time, but Liverpool is a bit of a way away from me!!

john..