Dust mask

woody paul

After all the mask wearing do to covid looking for a comfy mask to wear when working on some plants and shrubs. I am ask because after being laid up with a chest infection for 5 days and looks like it going to be mid next week before I can get back to work. 

This is the worst I have ever had it and have pin pointed to what has caused it. 

13 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

I would get a Trend Airshield Pro they are like £250 and are a full helmet with a battery fan in them ,they are real good I would be lost without mine and customer services from Trend are very good.

I can also vouch for the these, they're brilliant. I bought mine for £200 though, from FFX a couple years ago.

Though if the OP wants it for working outside in the garden it may be a bit big and bulky.

7 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Though if the OP wants it for working outside in the garden it may be a bit big and bulky.

To bulky but yes are very good have used one like that years ago when working on a farm. Mask has got to be worn with chainsaw lid. 

16 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi Sime,I ware mine when chainsaw carving ,milling and anything else thats dusty you just get used to it .

Hi. Thanks, that's good to know. I use mine mainly for wood turning, or other dusty power tool jobs like belt sanding or cutting concrete slabs with a grinder. Also used it when replacing the glass fibre insulation in the loft, it's essential for that. The only problem is that I find it has the tendency to slip down, forward when working in head down positions.

11 minutes ago, woody paul said:

To bulky but yes are very good have used one like that years ago when working on a farm. Mask has got to be worn with chainsaw lid. 

I reckon it's worth investigating JSP masks, they're good. Screwfix used to have some very comfy and effective ones for a decent price, though they seem to have stopped selling that particular model now unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

I reckon it's worth investigating JSP masks, they're good. Screwfix used to have some very comfy and effective ones for a decent price, though they seem to have stopped selling that particular model now unfortunately.

I don't know if you mean this one, I find it ok.. there are various different filters to choose from at around £8 each.

Order online at Screwfix.com. Twin-cartridge, half mask with low resistance exhalation valve, offers protection against...

• Like 1