Makita 9010 rebuild cost/parts?

carver83

On 29/07/2022 at 12:05, carver83 said:

Normally get from lsenginneers  none in stock last time checked

Are you checking their website? They often say out of stock for Makita stuff but can get parts in a few days. This happened with oil pump and brake handle for my 9010.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stubby said:

This would be the little end ? ....

On 29/07/2022 at 17:38, carver83 said:

there is a bearing I believe on top of the piston

Stubby, dunno....my understanding was carver83 was referring to the bearing debris that was literally 'on top' of the piston - as seen in his picture.

Does look like a spherical ball on the piston until you zoom in,  then it looks a bit ragged, more like rolled up cage material.... ?

Maybe carver83 will confirm but I'm guessing he's a little out of his comfort zone with this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bmp01 said:

Stubby, dunno....my understanding was carver83 was referring to the bearing debris that was literally 'on top' of the piston - as seen in his picture.

Does look like a spherical ball on the piston until you zoom in,  then it looks a bit ragged, more like rolled up cage material.... ?

Maybe carver83 will confirm but I'm guessing he's a little out of his comfort zone with this.

Ah . Got you .

2 hours ago, bmp01 said:

Ah . Gocha 👍

Like I said, my thinking is the big end cage has cracked and spat a bit out and that is what is lodged in to the squish band.

It will need a new crank if I am right but it is easy enough to check it out. Looks like the cylinder may have survived which is extremely lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Like I said, my thinking is the big end cage has cracked and spat a bit out and that is what is lodged in to the squish band.

It will need a new crank if I am right but it is easy enough to check it out. Looks like the cylinder may have survived which is extremely lucky.

I read your previous post, expect you're right, no disrespect intended. Was hoping the OP would get to a conclusion and let us know. As you said, new genuine crank is expensive....plus work probably means its a right-off, if it were crankcase bearings only it would relatively cheap on parts at least. 

• Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 21:48, Dan Maynard said:

Are you checking their website? They often say out of stock for Makita stuff but can get parts in a few days. This happened with oil pump and brake handle for my 9010.

Hi, yes thought that so rang them today, they said won't be updating stock if no longer made unfortunately 

12 hours ago, spudulike said:

That looks a bit knackered to me....new crank time. You may get lucky and find a secondhand one on ebay

A bit of side to side play is usual but that looks decidedly wobbly. Does it click when you lift the piston straight up ?