Makita 9010 rebuild cost/parts?

carver83

3 hours ago, openspaceman said:

go on then show us the exhaust side

Maybe it doesn't look bad...... scuffing is below exhaust port....

Inlet side and piston crown seen some debris by looks of it but far from a disaster. Cylinder reusable? 

What went pop ? Lost a bearing or bearing cage or did it eat something ?

Edited by bmp01

Pretty sure openspaceman was suggesting a picture of the exhaust side of the piston.

I'd say the cylinder will go again from what i can see. Light scoring will clean up with a little bit of time and gentle use of 400 grit wet and dry sand paper. If you drag a fingernail over the cylinder wall does it catch in the scratches ? Using genuine cylinder much preferred over aftermarket stuff, thats before money comes into it.

Splitting cases to get bearings out is a sizeable task though, good luck with that.

Looks like the white metal big end cage may have cracked and spat out a bit hence the dent on the piston crown. You can check the cage, where visible, for damage.

The cost of the crank and new bearings will be relatively high, the top end doesn't look too bad in the pics and as BMP said, relatively big job for a novice and hope you have splitters, thumping the crap out of the cases and crank isn't dignified!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bmp01 said:

Pretty sure openspaceman was suggesting a picture of the exhaust side of the piston.

I'd say the cylinder will go again from what i can see. Light scoring will clean up with a little bit of time and gentle use of 400 grit wet and dry sand paper. If you drag a fingernail over the cylinder wall does it catch in the scratches ? Using genuine cylinder much preferred over aftermarket stuff, thats before money comes into it.

Splitting cases to get bearings out is a sizeable task though, good luck with that.

I see gotcha, photos attached of piston exhaust side. Yes the cylinder wall is smooth no catching. 

Piston side nail does catch a bit.

Thanks for reply , just getting few opinions wether worth getting it done👍

IMG_20220729_201129890.jpg

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Looks like the white metal big end cage may have cracked and spat out a bit hence the dent on the piston crown. You can check the cage, where visible, for damage.

The cost of the crank and new bearings will be relatively high, the top end doesn't look too bad in the pics and as BMP said, relatively big job for a novice and hope you have splitters, thumping the crap out of the cases and crank isn't dignified!!

Hi, thanks for reply .Just working out options as cost of new 90cc saw or throw some more at this . Yes I've done some basic stuff but not like this  haha, cheers tho👍

20 hours ago, carver83 said:

the lower (crankshaft)? bearing is loose 

Which one, bottom of connecting rod ? Also know as big end bearing.

Or one of the crankcase bearings ?

(Big end bearing is allowed to move side to side but not up and down, and obviously if there is stuff missing .....its 'stuffed').

• Like 1