Echo CS-4310SX

john87

On the face of it, it has also made Echo's own 390esx obsolete as it's both lighter and more powerful.

But presumably that's what it is meant to replace so you'd be expecting an improvement.

Not many pro saws under 50cc available so if it's a good saw there's no reason why it shouldn't sell. The 43cc Makita is widely used and well regarded here but as above, not being made any more, this seems like a good replacement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

On the face of it, it has also made Echo's own 390esx obsolete as it's both lighter and more powerful.

But presumably that's what it is meant to replace so you'd be expecting an improvement.

Not many pro saws under 50cc available so if it's a good saw there's no reason why it shouldn't sell. The 43cc Makita is widely used and well regarded here but as above, not being made any more, this seems like a good replacement.

4310 (known as Kioritz CS43RS in Japan) replaced CS42RS there.

In Europe it doesn't exactly replace 390ESX - more so like a line-up spot taker.

Physically it fills the gap (left for years) after Shindaiwa 452s/ECHO 452ESX were gone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I recently had an email exchange with the new Echo importer regarding Echo's battery equipment which didn't exactly inspire confidence.

So I purchased Makita instead and will probably go that way with future purchases.

Can't see the present Echo importer having any greater impact here than past ones to be honest.

Then again, maybe it's just too Stihl/Husqvarna orientated for anything else to get a foothold no matter what.

Edited by coppice cutter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, john87 said:

Has anyone actually got one or even seen one?? From what i can see there are none anywhere, impossible to find one..

john..

Some of those you see on YouTube in US got there from UK, actually :)

And the most shown one was smuggled to US from Germany.

I also see northeast side of Europe selling them for a while already.

And it’s hard to forget all the supply mess, especially when other manufacturers wouldn’t even have batteries for most of 2022 worldwide…

• Like 1

Echo introduced a new battery system this spring, the eForce.

I was particularly interested in the new 2500 blower.

So I emailed and asked if they could give me any info on when this would be brought in to the UK. They replied and pointed me to the existing range on their website.

I thanked them for reply but stressed that I was interested in the new range and pointed them towards the precise items I was interested in on the ECHO USA site, said I was interested in the blower, and would be further interested in the brushcutter, hedgetrimmer, and possibly the new 5000 saw in future.

I received no further reply until several weeks later which said they were looking at their range for spring 2023, but gave no further detail.

By that time however I had invested in the new 40v Makita blower with batteries and charger, but would probably have waited on the Echo if they could have given me any sort of encouragement whatsoever.

I thought it was very poor communication, at best!

56 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

Echo introduced a new battery system this spring, the eForce.

I was particularly interested in the new 2500 blower.

So I emailed and asked if they could give me any info on when this would be brought in to the UK. They replied and pointed me to the existing range on their website.

I thanked them for reply but stressed that I was interested in the new range and pointed them towards the precise items I was interested in on the ECHO USA site, said I was interested in the blower, and would be further interested in the brushcutter, hedgetrimmer, and possibly the new 5000 saw in future.

I received no further reply until several weeks later which said they were looking at their range for spring 2023, but gave no further detail.

By that time however I had invested in the new 40v Makita blower with batteries and charger, but would probably have waited on the Echo if they could have given me any sort of encouragement whatsoever.

I thought it was very poor communication, at best!

Understandable.
Yet US normally has generally different products and even average American user will normally have different preferences (see lawnmowers, hedge trimmers and even chainsaws of any manufacturer).

UK has more in common with Europe so it’s understandable the range and even safety requirements for double insulation is different.

Edited by Piston Skirt
  • Like 1