Kubota V1505T Engine overhaul?

richy_B

Has it done a lot of hrs ? and the guy i know is just north of Edinburgh, a rebuild kit dont cost much but the labour sometimes makes it a expensive way of doing compared to buying a new engine, Last time i enquired about a new V1505 none turbo the engine was about £2300 + vat,, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dumper said:

New engines are not expensive proper rebuilds are, crank re grind, new rings maybe pistons rebore, reface head, valve reseat I would replace before rebuild

i have my eye on a v2003 thats sat in the corner of a warehouse and has been for 12/15 yrs now, all shrink wrapped down to pallet as it was delivered from Kubota and its £1800, cheep yes, 

52 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

i have my eye on a v2003 thats sat in the corner of a warehouse and has been for 12/15 yrs now, all shrink wrapped down to pallet as it was delivered from Kubota and its £1800, cheep yes, 

Why are you waiting?

Thanks guys. I dod have a Google for new engines but didn't find any prices. A new engine would seem like the best way to go.

The standard V1505T seems to be 35hp and my machine is 45hp so presumably I need the turbocharged engine.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2022 at 05:01, richy_B said:

Thanks guys. I dod have a Google for new engines but didn't find any prices. A new engine would seem like the best way to go.

The standard V1505T seems to be 35hp and my machine is 45hp so presumably I need the turbocharged engine.   

The original V1505 is 34/35hp. The latest V1505 "tier 5" engines are detuned to 25/26hp to meet new emission regulations. The reduced hp is only adjusted back on the fuel pump.

V1505-T (turbo) engines should all be 45hp. We have rebuilt several Kubota engines but usually not for chargeable customers, doing it at internal costs on a part exchange machine we can rebuild engines cheaper than the cost of a new replacement. However by the time you invoice 2 days labour, cost of all the piston rings, gaskets, bearing shells, plus skimming, crank grind etc if required you are up to the cost of a new engine. And with a new engine comes new injection pump. starter, alternator, turbo etc.

Call Hurley Engines in Bath. They are a Kubota engine dealer and should be able to supply. If the lead time is months then a rebuilt may have to be the option!

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1