Fresh plant trailer... anything better than the ifor gh1054?

swinny

I'm in need of another plant trailer. 

Needs to be for my 2.6t digger etc.... doesn't want to be wider than the gh1054 ifor which I believe is 2.1m wide....  and it only weighs 660kg ... so far this is the one I need....

Looked at Brian james but they are heavier

We use a gx106 but the back roads I run on its just too wide and could't send a members of staff out with it comfortably.

We also run a little brian james tiltbed trailer 10x5 but only a 2700kg! This is used everyday. 

Is there anything to rival the gh1054 ? Comes down to weight and no bigger than 10x5'4" for me

Did consider a 12x6 dropside but don't want the hassle of pissing about with ramps all the time.

Cheers

1 hour ago, swinny said:

I'm in need of another plant trailer. 

Needs to be for my 2.6t digger etc.... doesn't want to be wider than the gh1054 ifor which I believe is 2.1m wide....  and it only weighs 660kg ... so far this is the one I need....

Looked at Brian james but they are heavier

We use a gx106 but the back roads I run on its just too wide and could't send a members of staff out with it comfortably.

We also run a little brian james tiltbed trailer 10x5 but only a 2700kg! This is used everyday. 

Is there anything to rival the gh1054 ? Comes down to weight and no bigger than 10x5'4" for me

Did consider a 12x6 dropside but don't want the hassle of pissing about with ramps all the time.

Cheers

I don’t think there is a better alternative to the GH1054 on the market - they are a very good trailer. Second hand values are mental too - getting hold of a new one will possibly be your biggest issue…

• Like 1

Nugent trailers are pathetically poorly put together. Brian James not much better imo.

Dale kane are strong but heavy. Probably the best built trailers out there but their weight does go against them when you're getting close to the 3.5 mark

I've a 2002 gd106 and while it is wide on the road it's been unbreakable. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

• Like 1

I bought a 2nd hand 5' by 10' 3500Kg Dale Kane, with clip on mesh high cribs, tis indeed a heavy fornicator, best suited to the SDP Van than the Rav4, so I might need to buy a lightweight trailer for behind the Rav4. but in conscience the Dale Kane has already served me well moving various loads of rubbish from the daughters place, where the high cribs were well needed.

I was however admiring a 2700Kg Nugent recently, that looked better suited to the Rav4, being no heavier than it needed to be, though sommat, like a Benderup, plated at 2000Kg would be a better fit.

Edited by difflock

10 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Nugent trailers are pathetically poorly put together. Brian James not much better imo.

Dale kane are strong but heavy. Probably the best built trailers out there but their weight does go against them when you're getting close to the 3.5 mark

I've a 2002 gd106 and while it is wide on the road it's been unbreakable. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

The dropside Nugent trailer I've got is built like a tank. Lots of nifty wee features like led lights as standard, sides that don't rattle, leaf spring suspension that doesn't rattle when empty, handy flip up tie down points that don't fill up with muck, etc.

Not used one, but the Nugent plant trailers I've seen in the flesh look really well made too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bumping this one back alive!

Off to pick up my Alpine today (barring anything being majorly wrong with it of course) so the hunt is on for a new plant trailer.

Im going to buy new, as the secondhand market is quite frankly mental money. In a bit of a quandary at the moment, as usual. Tractor is 10ft long but I’m gonna need some extra room for attachments obviously. It’ll mainly have a winch on but could also have a few other bits and bobs.

Local Ifor dealer says the GH146 Tri-Axle will be in soon. That’s 14ft internal, triple axle. Around 5.5k + vat.

Nugent off same length but with available as a twin axle. Slightly lighter overall.

Bateson only do a 12ft I think, as do Indispension.

Haven't looked into Meredith and Eyre yet, @Big J I know you rated yours.

9 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Bumping this one back alive!

Off to pick up my Alpine today (barring anything being majorly wrong with it of course) so the hunt is on for a new plant trailer.

Im going to buy new, as the secondhand market is quite frankly mental money. In a bit of a quandary at the moment, as usual. Tractor is 10ft long but I’m gonna need some extra room for attachments obviously. It’ll mainly have a winch on but could also have a few other bits and bobs.

Local Ifor dealer says the GH146 Tri-Axle will be in soon. That’s 14ft internal, triple axle. Around 5.5k + vat.

Nugent off same length but with available as a twin axle. Slightly lighter overall.

Bateson only do a 12ft I think, as do Indispension.

Haven't looked into Meredith and Eyre yet, @Big J I know you rated yours.

The Meredith and Eyre trailer was really good. Solid as a rock and very stable. Murray with the Logbullet in Wales has it now. Slackmagirdle is his Arbtalk name, I think?

3 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

We have a few plant trailers but my trailer of choice is the tilt bed, its not a one trick pony like the plant trailers. No ramps needed.

Bob

IMG_0229.thumb.JPG.aa115db2c25d90ff4eeb5000acc3295e.JPG

I’d agree with Bob - particularly if moving tractors with various implements attached. A plant trailer doesn’t allow any overhang in any direction and is a real ‘one-trick-pony’. 
I’ve got a 16 foot Bateson triaxle tilt bed which is brilliant. If you aren’t looking for the lowest possible deck height (I was, to allow 3pl implements to be loaded/unloaded from the side off the deck by the tractor itself) then I’d avoid the 10’’ wheel and tyre options offered by all the various manufacturers as they are a bit of a weak point IME. 

DEC81CF9-52E0-4975-B9EA-8F0D2DC1FAA6.jpeg

224942E3-9C5E-46C2-944D-D1AA81B7EDB2.jpeg

C4C7388D-295F-47F4-B002-E35D62A32F3E.jpeg

77F59FCB-A5BF-4FE6-8C62-74AFD41C6863.jpeg

784E9D62-B968-45EE-B0A3-A9BFA41EF1E3.jpeg

5F4B6E3A-BC84-4DC5-9F07-CBFDBFEBB49A.jpeg

• Like 2