Hedgecutter balance

Paul73

Thanks gents. I still haven't taken the plunge with battery, so I ordered two Makita petrol cutters from FR Jones, where they are on for less than half price presumably because they are being discontinued. Got two because then I will have a spare. They do look good and the balance and weight is a lot better than the big Stihl. 

• Like 1

I think thoose fuji robin based makita 2 stroke ones were under £300 each awhile ago?

I considered one but went for the 18v the battery makita instead and am happy with it

Was thinking of trying the 4 stroke makita long reach also but vibration stats were  high  put me off it....

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Multi-position engine lubrication system enables the engine to be inclined to any angle even during continuous operation. It...

• Like 1

Could I just add, that saying as you've gone petrol and the machines are new, there's few things that will give you any greater benefit from using alkylate fuel than a hedge trimmer.

I've an old Robin, well over 20yr old but I've had it from new and it hasn't done much. Hated using it, the fumes stuck in my nose the rest of the day.

Switched it to alkylate last year and it's been a revelation, so much so that I've started trimming one or two bits and pieces that I usually just left until the winter and done with the tractor.

No need to drain over the winter either when not in use.

You should give it some thought.

• Like 3